horn

bigbossin

sunny san diego
Vehicle Model
Focus st
Body Style
Hatch
how all dislikes the horn?
thinking about changing it up maybe a train horn hooked up to it or something else off the wall

If it anything like the pathetic horn on the 8th gen then yes.... Got a accord horn and I am happier

I have the dual Accord horn setup as well.

How hard is it to swap out the horn? I really want to get this done. I was laying on the horn the other day and I could barely hear it. Is it like a plug and play or do I need to invest in additional equipment to install? Can I upgrade to a non-Honda horn?

If it's anything like the 8ths then it's pretty simple. I think it's just the wire connector and one bolt/screw.

If the horns are similar to the 8thgens, then the Accord horns will be a simple plug and play. You will need a wire that splits into two connections since the Accord horn is a dual setup. You will also need wiring plug harness that will connect the wires to the horns. I don't know the part number for it.

How hard is it to swap out the horn? I really want to get this done. I was laying on the horn the other day and I could barely hear it. Is it like a plug and play or do I need to invest in additional equipment to install? Can I upgrade to a non-Honda horn?
I was thinking about doing the samething just with one from harbor freight that's loud and crazy

Or Hella Supertones.
supertones.jpg

is the horn in the 9th on the rad? I have been looking at some how-to's but see some take off the whole bumper, but for the fit it shows on the rad location to the right when facing the car...

I purchased just the Low Horn from the Accord because on the EX it is a single horn and I didn't want to splice into the wiring harness.. Less work and will still be an improvement. If someone can show on the 9th installation of the horn that would be great!

Cheers 'n Beers,
Haz.

I believe the horns are located on the upper radiator area for the 9thgens (8thgen horn is located at bottom radiator - driver side). So you can probably just remove the blac plastic panel that is located right above the grille/radiator.

The low (or high) Accord horn by itself will sound very funky. It wouldn't sound right and might irritate you. Lol. The wiring for the dual horn setup is very easy to make. Just get a size 14 or 16 gauge wire and solder two wires on the end that will be used to connect the two horns. I would show you my setup but I don't feel like removing the bumper off my car. Lol.

I believe the horns are located on the upper radiator area for the 9thgens (8thgen horn is located at bottom radiator - driver side). So you can probably just remove the blac plastic panel that is located right above the grille/radiator.

I would assume it is pretty much like this which is from the Fit I found.
http://www.diymyhonda.com/fit/09-honda-accords-horn-upgrade/

The low (or high) Accord horn by itself will sound very funky. It wouldn't sound right and might irritate you. Lol. The wiring for the dual horn setup is very easy to make. Just get a size 14 or 16 gauge wire and solder two wires on the end that will be used to connect the two horns. I would show you my setup but I don't feel like removing the bumper off my car. Lol.

I will see how the Low horn works out, if the sound does bother me, I will secretly buy it and install. The gf doesn't like me getting all these packages to our house lol.

If you can find some listing of it, that would be great.

Does anyone have any experience installing the Hella Supertones? I don't want to start drilling holes in my car so I would love to know if you can use the stock mounting points to install these bad boyz.

Should be able to mount up to the factory spot. How many do you plan on using because that Will change where you want them

Should be able to mount up to the factory spot. How many do you plan on using because that Will change where you want them
I have no clue. All I know is that my wife is teasing me cuz the '12 horn sounds gayer than the one in my '03. I need to get something that sounds a lil more serious.
I'm wondering if anyone has a sound clip to do a comparison of the stock vs. Hella?? :confuzzled:

Back