horn

I'm sure a dealer would install one for you. It's a direct fit.
That's what I thought, which is why I asked! Then he threatened to void my warranty if I had one... are you kidding me dude, it's a horn?

Only warranty it voids it the horn.... which is 20$ to replace if anything goes wrong..... dumb stuff they did to you....

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL thanks guys I'll be getting my Accord horns when I make it back to Pittsburgh in May. Maybe I'll even buy foglights and get those installed with the horn! Gotta get that paying job though...

my buddy said if i install my fogs myself it will void my entire electrical warranty is that true?

And from webby

Under the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975, an automotive dealership/carmaker cannot void your warranty because your vehicle has been modified with aftermarket parts. They (the manufacturers) have to prove that the failure was the direct result of the installed aftermarket part. Unfortunately, too many folks have gone to a dealer to have warranty service performed on their modified vehicle only to have the dealer refuse to cover the defective items. The dealer usually states, that because of the aftermarket parts installed, the warranty is void (without even attempting to determine whether or not the aftermarket part caused the problem). This is illegal...period.

Examples where the dealership will not cover your repairs under warranty
You install an aftermarket air dam system to channel more air to the cold air intake system that you installed. The air dam system causes the vehicle to overheat because it restricts airflow over the radiator. As a result of overheating, the engine blows a head gasket and a cylinder head is warped. The car is still under warranty. You take it to your dealer and they determine that the aftermarket air dam system caused the overheating and thus the cylinder head damage and gasket failure. The carmaker is not obligated to perform any repairs under the provisions of the warranty.

i have a hard time understanding legal stuff but what i get from it is that as long as the fogs dont blow up my car im fine.

that wasnt in that link lol ok i understand now

i have a hard time understanding legal stuff but what i get from it is that as long as the fogs dont blow up my car im fine.

Basically, the dealer has to prove the modification caused the damage/defect. Even if they do, they can only invalidate the warranty on a particular part/component and NOT the whole warranty.

that wasnt in that link lol ok i understand now

Yeah, sorry, I was having a hard time finding it, but I know webby posts it up quite often. I think it should be the banner on the front page of the forum at this point.

Yeah, sorry, I was having a hard time finding it, but I know webby posts it up quite often. I think it should be the banner on the front page of the forum at this point.
lol yes it should be

Back