I'm looking for a headlamp for my 2012 civic si, anyone change it by yourself?

You can run any HID kit you like so long as the bulb size is correct. Just make sure you run a proper wiring harness and I would advise sticking with a 35W kit. Generally you get what you pay for but I know some people have had very good luck with inexpensive DDM kits.

@XenonDepot are a forum vendor and offer high quality parts. I've ordered from them personally and had great service. I highly recommend them. They are significantly more $$ than an Ebay DDM kit but their parts are top notch and will last you a long time. They will also take care of you if issues arise or you need help. Thats worth quite a bit on its own.

You can run any HID kit you like so long as the bulb size is correct. Just make sure you run a proper wiring harness and I would advise sticking with a 35W kit. Generally you get what you pay for but I know some people have had very good luck with inexpensive DDM kits.

@XenonDepot are a forum vendor and offer high quality parts. I've ordered from them personally and had great service. I highly recommend them. They are significantly more $$ than an Ebay DDM kit but their parts are top notch and will last you a long time. They will also take care of you if issues arise or you need help. Thats worth quite a bit on its own.
Ok, I will check out them, thank you very much.

Were you trying to say you're looking for high beams? If that's the case you need 9005 for the high beams. Just know that it's not usually recommended to run hids as high beams. It takes a while for hids to warm up and produce full power. It's also not good to flip them on/off quickly. I'd greatly stress that statement for anything purchased from ebay/amazon, as the ballasts or bulbs will likely not last long.

I want to change the factory headlamp to be a hid or led, has anyone used an oem light? how abut your experience? it's good? does it easy to install?
Maybe you can try LED Headlight, LED Voltage is also the same with halogen, 12-24 Voltage, but very different from HID, it should thousand Voltage to control the hid light, before i had try bought one kit hid, but my car original bulb is halogen then i just buy hid kit to change, then burn our car light, it is not very convenient and helpful for my car, but led is different from hid, its working Voltage almost 12-24 Voltage, the buyer told to me, it suit for my car, also the bright with hid.

Yeah ,I need bulbs for using as head beam, 9005-type is ok, thank you. I know hid takes a few more time to throw out more light, so I also mind leds, but it seem led cost more than hid, and I got some message from HID supplier, they told me shine from hid can irradiated farther than led, But I suspect what he said, led should be brighter, and light should throw out longer, do you agree. I do not worry about the product quality on Amazon/ebay, becuase I have very good experience with amazon/ebay, but polish your eyes before make an order is necessary.

Were you trying to say you're looking for high beams? If that's the case you need 9005 for the high beams. Just know that it's not usually recommended to run hids as high beams. It takes a while for hids to warm up and produce full power. It's also not good to flip them on/off quickly. I'd greatly stress that statement for anything purchased from ebay/amazon, as the ballasts or bulbs will likely not last long.

So your suggestion is LED?

Maybe you can try LED Headlight, LED Voltage is also the same with halogen, 12-24 Voltage, but very different from HID, it should thousand Voltage to control the hid light, before i had try bought one kit hid, but my car original bulb is halogen then i just buy hid kit to change, then burn our car light, it is not very convenient and helpful for my car, but led is different from hid, its working Voltage almost 12-24 Voltage, the buyer told to me, it suit for my car, also the bright with hid.

So your suggestion is LED?
Yes, led is good, i think.
And i search " 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs " on amazon, then you can see this good led light, it looks good, also the bright is better, price is also ok, i think.
Maybe you can try it also here is the buy link:
Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/BROVIEW-Headlight-Arc-Beam-Headlamp-Headlights/dp/B01BF6EFN0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1456135442&sr=8-2&keywords=9005+LED+Headlight+Bulbs

Also this customer reviews is also helpful, you can see the details:
http://www.amazon.com/BROVIEW-Headl...s/B01BF6ECV0/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

And Hope it can helps you.

This cannot be taken as fact between other led kits. This is THEIR kit. Every company is going to use different manufacturers bulbs or whatever. There are a million differences between led kits. You'll also need to find out how they handle them in high beams. LED will not work properly in your high beams because it's shared with your DRL bulb. You'll need to pull your DRL fuse.

comparison
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/xenondepot-led-headlights-the-verdict-is-in.13109/

so you using the light? reasonable price ,I will try it for sure
Yes, led is good, i think.
And i search " 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs " on amazon, then you can see this good led light, it looks good, also the bright is better, price is also ok, i think.
Maybe you can try it also here is the buy link:
Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/BROVIEW-Headlight-Arc-Beam-Headlamp-Headlights/dp/B01BF6EFN0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1456135442&sr=8-2&keywords=9005+LED+Headlight+Bulbs

Also this customer reviews is also helpful, you can see the details:
http://www.amazon.com/BROVIEW-Headl...s/B01BF6ECV0/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

And Hope it can helps you.

Oh my GOD ,so I have to give up the change?

Some vehicles need 9005 for high beam and DRL, also face this problem: car's high beam and DRL only one bulb, so this bulb should have 2 functions, one is for high beam , and another is for DRL.

From Now on, some led can breakthrough this skills, but some is not? why? Because led is working normal on 12-24 voltage for high beam, and DRL is working led on 8 voltage then it light on,but question is most headlight led chip can not working support below 10 voltage, it is working normal on 12-24 voltage, if insists on long time below on 8 voltage then it maybe burn the led chip, so this is not good for your headlight.

so when you car turn on the DRL, then headlight led will be light a little, and it voltage is 8 v -10v almost, and if you switch to high beam, then it is very bright and its voltage is 12-24 v working normal,
it is not good for your headlight long time. So this is the led malpractice.

Oh, DRL work at 8-10 volt, and headbeam work at 12-24 volt, I understand now, thank you for your time.
So every led lamps working voltage between 12v-24v? are there exceptions? working at 8-10V? is possible? I really want LED, instead of HID.

Some LEDs won't throw enough light to be useable. They are just "decorative" for lack of a better word.

If you want a real LED lighting kit you need something like this:

http://www.xenondepot.com/9005-LED-headlight-kit-p/9005-led-hl.htm

The bulbs should look something like this:

plasmaglow_igniters_led_headlight_bulb_conversion_kit_hero.jpg

If the bulbs are pretty cheap and look like these multi-smd chips they will not throw enough light to be anything but DRLs.

9005_hb3_7.5w_led_replacement_bulb_led_headlight-1.jpg

Back