iMid hacking?

I know there has to be a way to hack the iMid system and allow it to do more than it does. anyone have any insight or ideas?

- i know there is a way to open diagnostics by holding the source and menu buttons for 5 secs or so. (it might be a diff combination of buttons I did it earlier but i don't recall exactly what i did.)

I've seen some reports that claim when they are trying. They had their cd player out, and upon putting things back together they forgot to plug the brown or grey plug...and the iMID doesn't recognize it, then the CD wouldn't even turn on. Some think it could be a version of windows ce. I guess if you hook a windows smartphone up with bluetooth, it shows audio folders, songs, etc that you cannot see with iphones or other smartphones. That's another reason for people thinking it has the potential of being a windows OS. I haven't seen it hacked on any car to this point, but there is a great interest...

I know there has to be a way to hack the iMid system and allow it to do more than it does. anyone have any insight or ideas?

- i know there is a way to open diagnostics by holding the source and menu buttons for 5 secs or so. (it might be a diff combination of buttons I did it earlier but i don't recall exactly what i did.)
to enter test menu on i-mid.
press menu, then press menu + source 5sec

test the botton
test camera +
info version software

Pls. looking ver info.

Myy9Dqm9.jpg

my version

I wish I could get the same version as on my wife's CRV! It can display text messages and it shows the artist/album/cover art for Bluetooth audio. Mine just displays the name of my phone...wah wah wah

I wish I could get the same version as on my wife's CRV! It can display text messages and it shows the artist/album/cover art for Bluetooth audio. Mine just displays the name of my phone...wah wah wah
That's an issue on the phone's side. My phone stock does that same thing but running certain kernels makes all that stuff work on my si.

I think it's an issue of having the phone connected with Bluetooth and having USB (such as an iPod, pen drive, etc.) connected at the same time. Others claim that if you've got the phone connected streaming BT audio only, it will alert you when you get a text/e-mail. I'll try it later and confirm if someone else can't.

I think it's an issue of having the phone connected with Bluetooth and having USB (such as an iPod, pen drive, etc.) connected at the same time. Others claim that if you've got the phone connected streaming BT audio only, it will alert you when you get a text/e-mail. I'll try it later and confirm if someone else can't.
It's different for every phone. It depends on what the phone supports. On any android 2.3 kernel it doesn't show me squat on my imid other than the name of the phone. On any android 4.x kernel it shows me everything and has better quality streaming. However I've never heard of anyone getting txt or email notification on the imid through Bluetooth. Not with any phone. Having an iPhone or flash drive plugged into the car while using the Bluetooth source doesn't change anything. All was tested using the same android phone as well.

It's different for every phone. It depends on what the phone supports. On any android 2.3 kernel it doesn't show me squat on my imid other than the name of the phone. On any android 4.x kernel it shows me everything and has better quality streaming. However I've never heard of anyone getting txt or email notification on the imid through Bluetooth. Not with any phone. Having an iPhone or flash drive plugged into the car while using the Bluetooth source doesn't change anything. All was tested using the same android phone as well.

Well, since now the 2013 models are out Honda did talk about SMS text msging on the i-MID so wondering if it's possible to get the dealer update it for us? I am sure chances are it will be flat no by them. However, anything can hacked so it'll be matter of time.

Well, since now the 2013 models are out Honda did talk about SMS text msging on the i-MID so wondering if it's possible to get the dealer update it for us? I am sure chances are it will be flat no by them. However, anything can hacked so it'll be matter of time.
Only time will tell if they will offer us an update for that. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

if the components are the same shape a hardware retrofit may be possible, i dont know what part actually contains the iMid brain

Yeah, I would imagine the actual piece of iMID processor would be the same. Kinda like cell phones by Samsung. They're all the same hardware just using different firmware depending on the market.

To hack the iMID would somehow have to get into the factory settings such as diagnostic which we know how to do but additional settings like firmware update or features that is separate from the Navi system which it too needs to be updated.

Would be cool to change the looks such as fonts and additional information.

Yes it'll be matter of time for folks to figure it out. I don't think Honda would have a problem with it since it doesn't affect the important aspect of the car such as engine control which is a separate piece of hardware itself.

FYI (crashed into this post through google searching!) my 2013 SI will text through the iMid/Bluetooth on a Galaxy Nexus running 4.3. You can program specific responses to send through the radio and there is text to speech for when vehicle is in motion to read texts back to you.

The Imid runs on a QNX operating system as do most cars now days, its called QNX CAR 2.1 im currently in the process of installing this to my laptop for some testing with scripts and third party apps that are available.

Interested to see what you find james2015. Have a couple ideas in my head on what I would like to display on mine.

Back