Imid iPod song info. ?

Does anything work through that USB port or is it just her 4S?

Also yeah Jailbreaking and being able to have control of the iPhone/iPod is something I would pay money for! I can't be without it anymore, I never use the controls in the car to go through songs, especially since they are on Google Music and not the phone itself...

Actually we havent tried anything else. I'll try my Video iPod that I keep in my 8thgen console and see if it reads that. I'm using a generic iPod/iPhone plug too, its not made by Apple. Which doesnt seem to matter in my 8thgen. I'll try the iPod though.

Something else I noticed weird in my 8th is that the USB port could charge my girlfriends 4S but wouldnt play music, then when I plugged my charging cord into the USB for my Driod it wouldn't charge or anything. I find this all funny because my 1 generation Video iPod has no issues, it charges (with Honda emblem on display) and plays music.

But considering when she plugged her phone up to it, I'm thinking the plug in her 9thgen may be bad or something. I'm going to see if it works with my Video iPod and if not I'm taking it right over to Honda.

This thread is the closest thing to what I'm experiencing so I hope it's okay I post here.

Alright soo I decided to do my free trial of Spotify Premium/Unlimited whatever it's called for my drive home from college (woot woot :cheerleader:) and for my 45 minute each-way commute that I now have for my real-life job. Yesterday, I kept getting this weird error message from the Honda- I would plug my iPhone in via USB and open Spotify and play songs. Sometimes the song numbers would show up, sometimes they wouldn't. Even in my playlist, I could get a few songs to play and then unexpectedly the music would stop and the i-MID would then flash "unsupported." My steering wheel skip buttons wouldn't control Spotify either. The only way to get it to work again was to hard quit (multitasking then quit the application) Spotify and turn on/off the audio system and even then that worked 75% of the time.

Does anyone use Spotify in the car? And I thought it worked with the 2013 Civics, so does anyone know if there's an update for my i-MID that'll make it work? Otherwise, I'll just cancel my free trial.

Last edited:
Well, I can only seak about my iPod and have found that only the original music App on the iPod works cleanly. I have downloaded many othermusic Apps and they either do not work at all (they open up but don't read my music when connected to the Imid) or the work for one song or two then stop. Ther was one App that works but I have to control it with the Imid and cannot use my steering wheel buttons.

So, for me, it's just the original music App on the Imid that I use.

really don't know, but I would guess not. Any reason you're not updating to see?

Ya, I get all that showing on the Imid screen, but it won't show on my iPod screen at the same time. Its crazy. I can play games on my iPod while the music is playing and the song info is on the imid screen. I can also have a screen saver going on my iPod or a photo sideshow going at the same time imid is showing sing info etc. I can see all my screens on my iPod and shuffle through my apps.....the only thing it won't show is my music and song info.....which seems like it would be the easiest thing to show. The imid seems to disengage the iPod and "takeover" rendering the music controls on the iPod unusable.
Yeah I think that that's just how it is. You loose music control while plugged into the cars USB. Why wouldn't u just use the car functions it's better than using the iPod to scroll songs IMO.

Wow. iOS 4 that's old skool. Lol. Where in ios7 now. That could be a issue with it not performing how u want it to.
I'm pretty sure that even with iOS 7 the iPod/iPhone/iPad will still have the "device connected" message and you will not be able to see the album art. ....well, with the 2012 and 2013 models anyway. Maybe the 2014 imid might be updated and allow album art to show. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

BTW, I'm still using IOS 4 because I don't want to try to "fix something that ain't broke". I'm worried that if I update with a jail broken IPod it will cause problems and I don't want to take the chance to brick my iPod.

Yeah I think that that's just how it is. You loose music control while plugged into the cars USB. Why wouldn't u just use the car functions it's better than using the iPod to scroll songs IMO.
Yes, I do use the controls, but I wanted to see the album art on the iPod and have a screen saver on the imid.

Back