In need of some opinions on my wheels

MissE

New Brunswick, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si w/Navi
Body Style
Coupe
Ok, so I have stock Si wheels and I also have a set of Enkei EV5's that I kept when I sold my RSX-S. I've been wondering which ones to run on the car and I need some opinions. I'm kind of leaning towards the look of the stock ones but can't really decide. Aside from the obvious 3D effect resulting from plopping the wheels down in front of my winter tires that are still on the car, which set do you think looks better with the Si?

IMG_2480A.jpg

IMG_2481A.jpg

This is so confusing, lol. On a local forum I'm on I've gotten nothing but dislike for the OEM wheels... they were called everything from ricey to flower-like, lol.

What I really want are the Work XT-7's but I'm pretty sure they are out of budget for the time being if I am able to get the HFP suspension next week as my dealership suggested I might (too many wants and not enough money). I think they'd look nice on the car in bronze with the blue lugs but in the attempt to be cost effective I'm likely going to need to work with what I've got for the time being.

WorkXT7.jpg

i guess i would prefer the stocks... but maybe when needing tire replacement, go for rim and tires...?

I don't like the stockies much either, I just think this car needs more than 5 spokes. The Works would look super nice, esp. w/ the color of your car. :)

Rota vector? (essentially ^^ replicas)
No way... go big or go home Webby, lol.
The Rota's would be hella cheaper so I'll keep them in mind (you're right, they are almost identical), but I've seen more than one set of Rota's destroyed by potholes too. I think perhaps you get what you pay for as far as wheels go.

I totally get it. Some users totally hate on rota to the millionth degree.

I totally get it. Some users totally hate on rota to the millionth degree.

No way... go big or go home Webby, lol.
The Rota's would be hella cheaper so I'll keep them in mind (you're right, they are almost identical), but I've seen more than one set of Rota's destroyed by potholes too. I think perhaps you get what you pay for as far as wheels go.

i have had my rotas for several years no problems as long as you call them rotas and not volk/works

I don't like the stockies much either, I just think this car needs more than 5 spokes. The Works would look super nice, esp. w/ the color of your car. :)
Technically speaking, the stock ones are composed of 5 spokes as well... they're just undergoing some bizarre phase of cell division or mitosis, lol.

Currently waiting on a price for the Works. I'm being told by 2 different shops though that Work Wheels are hard to get in Canada now and will likely have a 2 month wait. :confused:

+1 for the use of the word mitosis on a car site. Sucks about the wait though. I'm guessing that if you bought them online & had them shipped to Canada, you'd be dealing with major fees?

Back