Installed lowering springs but fronts sit higher than rears?

run your car man, idk if its a myth, but when I put in my springs my boy told me to run my car hard then slam the brakes lol itll help them fall better in to place or something like that. My sportlines tucked tire though almost the same day I put them in lol Idk how your S2's are sitting so high especially up front.

run your car man, idk if its a myth, but when I put in my springs my boy told me to run my car hard then slam the brakes lol itll help them fall better in to place or something like that. My sportlines tucked tire though almost the same day I put them in lol Idk how your S2's are sitting so high especially up front.

Well skunk2 asked if I had cut my bump stops cause your supposed to when you install them, anyone else had to do these when installing aftermarket lowering springs

Well skunk2 asked if I had cut my bump stops cause your supposed to when you install them, anyone else had to do these when installing aftermarket lowering springs

I didnt, I used my stock ones. S2 should've provided the right bump stops if you cant use your stock ones as is, IMO.

Well I was doing some research and seems like other companies require or even give you a template to cut the bump stops

I didn't cut my bump stops, but then again my drop is half of yours.

You should be able to tell if the bump stops are the problem pretty easily: With the car on the ground, maneuver your body and arm so that you can reach the spring and lift up the dust cover. If the bump stops are causing the problem you will see that the bump stops are preventing the shock and spring from further compressing. If you have a hard time getting your arm in there, you could raise the car, lift and position the dust cover upwards, then lower the car and check.

that dosent seem right bro i think they might have been flipped front in the back and back in the front because im on 8th gen skunks and it should just about be the same and my car sits nowhere near like that :think: and i cut one notch off my bump stops so it wont be so bouncy everytime i hit a bump .

Last edited:
that was the same day installed and after a 20-25 mile trip

Yea I hope I'll get as low as you once I cut the bump stops, just waiting on skunk2 to get back to me about how much of it needs to be cut.

cutting the bump stop is not gonna lower the car man thats just a foam piece that prevents you from bottoming out really hard so when lowered more than 2'' in the front it a good idea to cut it because the front end will get very bouncy when ever you hit a bump.
that way your giving the strut alil leeway to retract in and out to make the ride comfortable.

i think your springs need to be flipped front to back and back to front .

Last edited:
i agree if the rear is lower then the spring were put on wrong ...fat springs in the front and skinnier in the back.

yeah @deveinonmystick needs to chime in on this asap so we can see the results CMON get the car done !!! lol jk but yeah his car will be the one to get a straight answer from.

if it sits like mine the they were installed wrong and if it sits like his then either flipped again or skunk2 did a really big Waaa Waaa Waaa on the 2012 civics and need to fix asap !

Last edited:
Yea we shall see, but I'm positive I didn't install them wrong, I don't think the spring would fit if you had them switched, it's even labeled on the actual springs which ones are fronts and which ones are rear. Only thing I had to do was switch the left and the right side because the way the spring coil was didn't match up. Hopefully the other person who is installing it today can post pics ASAP.

Coming from skunk2 directly.

u6anu2ap.jpg

its just wierd how its doing that so we'll see once hes done i guess

:bump: any luck to those who cut the bump stops? Did it help the front lower any?

Are the front and rear springs designed to lower the same amount, in terms of inches? If so, I believe it is normal for the fronts to be slightly higher. I think our cars were designed to have a slight rake, where the front is slightly higher. Do not judge a car by it's fender gap. My car is lowered on BC coilovers and I have a 1 finger gap in the front wheel well and 0 finger gap in the rear, tire is sitting flush to wheel well. This caused me to initially think that my car is more lower in the rear. However, when I measured the height from the ground up to the wheel well, it turned out to be identical all around. This leads me to believe that the car's chasis was designed to "look" more low in the back despite lowering the same amount all around.

Are the front and rear springs designed to lower the same amount, in terms of inches? If so, I believe it is normal for the fronts to be slightly higher. I think our cars were designed to have a slight rake, where the front is slightly higher. Do not judge a car by it's fender gap. My car is lowered on BC coilovers and I have a 1 finger gap in the front wheel well and 0 finger gap in the rear, tire is sitting flush to wheel well. This caused me to initially think that my car is more lower in the rear. However, when I measured the height from the ground up to the wheel well, it turned out to be identical all around. This leads me to believe that the car's chasis was designed to "look" more low in the back despite lowering the same amount all around.

Well even if our cars do that having 3 finger gap in the front and like no gaps in the rear is a bit too much rake, also I will be cutting my bump stops this Friday.

Fronts are supposed to be lower… more aerodynamic. That's how the springs are supposed to be. Notice how the drop rating in the front is almost always lower for a set of springs?

Last edited:
Back