Interchangeable K-Series Parts?

brown_bear

Reston, Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I was wondering if anyone knows what parts we can sill use, like Intake Manifolds, Short rams, cams. Wanted to get a RBC Manifold or even a Skunk2 Mani, and maybe a fuel rail. Technically all K-Series are similar right? Interested on what everyone else thinks..:confuzzled:

From another thread -

Differences between K24Z3 (09 TSX) and K24Z7 (12 Si) Engines

Wasn't sure where to post this, but thought I should since I'm sure it's a question that people will have going forward.

I have it on authority from a source close to Honda that the only difference between the new K24Z7 engine in the Si and the K24Z3 found in the TSX/Accord is the block casting.

Everything else on and inside the motor is the same:

Crank
Pistons
Rods
Head
Cams
Valve springs / retainers
Intake manifold
Etc....

They only changed the block because of an issue with the Civic chassis and fitment. The Z3 block's oil setup didn't clear the new Civic's chassis properly so they revised the block to fix that.

Otherwise, parts should be interchangeable.

Hope this helps someone out!

Wow, you can't put an aftermarket header. :(

I thought TOV said that headers cannot be bolted on. I guess Bisi accepted the challenge. Lol.

he has it written as a "header" on youtube, but it's purely a downpipe/cat delete... off the integrated header

you talking about an rbc intake manifold? The exhaust manifold is what's integrated into the new SI

from full-race

Full-Race's 9th gen turbokit is designed to work with both intake manifolds - the OE (plastic) or the aluminum RRC and RBC intake manifolds. Basically we engineered the charge piping so it can fit both setups - just change (1) silicone coupler at the TB. The plastic intake manifold will work fine for low boost and stock motor pump gas builds - but if you are planning to do any racing or push higher boost levels then upgrading to a better intake mani is a no brainer

Yea i'm talking bout the intake mani, I just didn't know if we needed an adapter from like Karcepts, like some of the older vehicles did..
Or if everything is pretty much identical minus it being plastic & possibly it's flow..

I don't believe anyone has tried installing one on the 9th, unless full-race did. He mentioned that the rbc would work... maybe shoot him a message to see what kind of gains could be expected? Or, maybe they only did testing with the turbo setup, and not by itself... not sure?

I would get the rrc since it's got bigger inlet and longer runners than the rbc. But, yea, I spoke with full-race and they said that both would work..but it's not a direct bolt on as you'll need to modify the intake tube since the rrc sits higher than the plastic manifold on the k24z7

I would get the rrc since it's got bigger inlet and longer runners than the rbc. But, yea, I spoke with full-race and they said that both would work..but it's not a direct bolt on as you'll need to modify the intake tube since the rrc sits higher than the plastic manifold on the k24z7

The RRC is definitely the better buy as far a performance is concerned, also twice as much. I saw at Karcepts.com that the RRC does not have the port cut into the Throttle Body mount face for the IACV. Karcepts says below this that IACV is for cable driven TB platforms and that the Type R civic (the car that the RRC comes on) is DBW so it does not have IACV. Does anyone know if this is true, that our cars do not have the IACV dealio? I have not removed the TB yet to look at our current Intake Mani, has anyone done so?

Honda RRC Intake Mani w/ info - http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=56
Honda RBC Intake Mani w/ info - http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=25

^Yes. It's the same thing. Lol.

The RRC is definitely the better buy as far a performance is concerned, also twice as much. I saw at Karcepts.com that the RRC does not have the port cut into the Throttle Body mount face for the IACV. Karcepts says below this that IACV is for cable driven TB platforms and that the Type R civic (the car that the RRC comes on) is DBW so it does not have IACV. Does anyone know if this is true, that our cars do not have the IACV dealio? I have not removed the TB yet to look at our current Intake Mani, has anyone done so?

Honda RRC Intake Mani w/ info - http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=56
Honda RBC Intake Mani w/ info - http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=25

DBW is used on both 8thgens the K20Z3 and the R18A1, so i can only assume it translates over to the newer 9thgens

Back