Interested in a 13 Si sedan!

I went to the dealership that emailed me the best price to look at the white sedan but they didn't have it in stock anymore. All they had was a orange sedan and a blue coupe. That orange did look pretty good though. I told him that I was just looking since my brother was the one that was going to o do the paperwork and he had to work.

He gave me test drive and before I left, he asked for my phone number and address. He then said that the .9% financing from Honda was going to end this month so we should act soon. He also said that they were short on meeting their numbers for the month so they will be very aggressive with their pricing. Was he saying that just to make me feel better or was he for real lol.

I went to the dealership that emailed me the best price to look at the white sedan but they didn't have it in stock anymore. All they had was a orange sedan and a blue coupe. That orange did look pretty good though. I told him that I was just looking since my brother was the one that was going to o do the paperwork and he had to work.

He gave me test drive and before I left, he asked for my phone number and address. He then said that the .9% financing from Honda was going to end this month so we should act soon. He also said that they were short on meeting their numbers for the month so they will be very aggressive with their pricing. Was he saying that just to make me feel better or was he for real lol.

If they haven't met their goals and they still have discretionary cash from Honda to use, they will be aggressive towards the end of the month.

So the one other dealership that's around town emailed me today with another price (23,600 otd) that's actually less than from the one I visited yesterday (23,700), and they had the white one in stock. I then emailed the dealer from yesterday saying that I received the email and that although I wanted the white (which they gave me the price for then didn't have it when I showed up), I'm willing to buy the orange if they lowered the price.

I told them if we could come to an agreement, I would come tomorrow morning to get it. I sent them that 2 hours before they closed and I never received a reply.

The thing is that I have to get it tomorrow lol. It'll be the last day that I'm available to go before the month ends.

Should I stick to what I said about wanting the white one but would get the orange one if they lowered the price tomorrow when I go there? I actually prefer the orange one since I saw it there lol.

I can't tell you what to do with regards to which one to get, but with regards to your other concern about the manual transmition, I just have this to say:

I just bought an Si 6 days ago. I've never driven a manual before, but I knew the concept. After having a very patient saleswoman take me out in it and helping me learn a little about the Si specifically, I bought it. That night my dad and I went to an empty open parking lot for a few hours and I got the hang of it. I dropped him off and drove myself home that night. I've been learning more and more everyday and there's no way I could go back to an automatic. The Si is a great car to learn a manual on, I highly recommend it!

So I finally bought the orange 13 Si sedan this morning! Paid 23,185 total. My brother with me there kept on saying that's alot for a Civic lol. I told him that that's a pretty good price and it won't get any lower. He did know that it wasn't a regular Civic though. He was complimenting it alot, saying how nice it looks and stuff.

While they were detailing it and stuff, the salesman took me out to another Si they had and I practiced driving manual for about 30-45 mins. We stayed a bit in their lot then I took it outside onto a big road. I stalled twice out there but he was pretty encouraging lol. I did manage to drive it home without stalling once though! A few times when I slowed down, put it in neutral, then shift into another gear to go again, the car didn't really like it lol. I guess it wasn't the right speed for that gear or something.

Thanks everyone for helping me and answering all my questions. I really appreciated it and will definitely be sticking around in this forum for awhile!

Congratulations! You'll definitely get the hang of the stick the more you drive it, and it definitely helps having a car you want to drive often! I'd love to see pictures! SOP is a fantastic color, too!

that is awesome, congrats. I have a 12 coupe, and I really like the 13 sedans. It would be pretty dumb swapping over though

Congratulations! You'll definitely get the hang of the stick the more you drive it, and it definitely helps having a car you want to drive often! I'd love to see pictures! SOP is a fantastic color, too!

As soon as I drove it home, I had to take my brother's car and go to work since I wasn't confident about driving for 30 mins to get there. I was already 5 hours late for work lol.

As soon as I drove it home, I had to take my brother's car and go to work since I wasn't confident about driving for 30 mins to get there. I was already 5 hours late for work lol.

The way I learned is by getting committed to it, take it to work, let it turn off on you. The added pressure of getting to work should help.

So I finally bought the orange 13 Si sedan this morning! Paid 23,185 total. My brother with me there kept on saying that's alot for a Civic lol. I told him that that's a pretty good price and it won't get any lower. He did know that it wasn't a regular Civic though. He was complimenting it alot, saying how nice it looks and stuff.

While they were detailing it and stuff, the salesman took me out to another Si they had and I practiced driving manual for about 30-45 mins. We stayed a bit in their lot then I took it outside onto a big road. I stalled twice out there but he was pretty encouraging lol. I did manage to drive it home without stalling once though! A few times when I slowed down, put it in neutral, then shift into another gear to go again, the car didn't really like it lol. I guess it wasn't the right speed for that gear or something.

Thanks everyone for helping me and answering all my questions. I really appreciated it and will definitely be sticking around in this forum for awhile!
Congrats.

We have a special color keep this in mind :)

Back