Interior Lighting Mods?

soundforgenine

Hi.. I just purchased a 2013 Si Sedan and I would like to do the interior footwell lighting and maybe console light as well.. I heard the OEM kit was pretty weak so Ive decided to do it myself. Can someone recommend a good kit to use and where I could buy it? Also anything else you think I may like or any advice is appreciated.. thanks!

welcome to the site.... ^ those suggestions are great. Any pics of your ride?

Thanks! Im excited to be here and start doing a little work on my car! How easy is it to install one of these kits? Id prefer something that didn't require any drilling but if I must, I must

I didn't have to drill.
You can use zip tires or clear packing tape in the front, and then in the bank I just used the included screws (very tiny screws) and screwed into the carpet, and that's enough to hold them in place

:hyper: the wait begins for you
Haha yep.. It was only a few hours away though so I will for sure have it Thursday.. now Im just trying to line up a few things I can do to it right away.. I definitely love the LED lighting so Ill probably pick up one of these.. Would you happen to have a DIY for it 323? Also has anyone tried the door piping? I saw someone post earlier it looked neat

No DIY, sorry. But it's very very easy.
The hardest part is trying to tuck away all the wires

Is the OEM light kit really that lack-luster? Can anyone speak on this? One of the things I like about getting it would be the nice clean button thats installed.

I have used the oem kit as a starting point since it ties into the electrical system and has that nice clean looking button, from there its pretty easy to add additional leds or replace the oem ones if theyre that lacking in your opinion

Is the OEM light kit really that lack-luster? Can anyone speak on this? One of the things I like about getting it would be the nice clean button thats installed.
I have the oem kit and really like it. When it was first installed the it wasn't giving off much light, did a little research and ended up drilling out the covers on the LEDs, once I did the lighting is perfect. The switch is not included in the 2013 kit, it is only on the one for 2012.

I have the oem kit and really like it. When it was first installed the it wasn't giving off much light, did a little research and ended up drilling out the covers on the LEDs, once I did the lighting is perfect. The switch is not included in the 2013 kit, it is only on the one for 2012.

Thanks for the feedback! How does the 2013 kit work then because thats what I've got.. I really liked the idea of having a push button for it to go on or off

Thanks for the feedback! How does the 2013 kit work then because thats what I've got.. I really liked the idea of having a push button for it to go on or off
On the 13+ it turns on when you activate the headlights.

Thanks for the feedback.. that definitely made it an easy decision.. LOL. Ill be doing an aftermarket kit myself.. I only wanted the OEM Kit for the button.

What about these weathertech mats I see everyone rave about? Anyone have them? Are they worth the money? Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.. that definitely made it an easy decision.. LOL. Ill be doing an aftermarket kit myself.. I only wanted the OEM Kit for the button.

What about these weathertech mats I see everyone rave about? Anyone have them? Are they worth the money? Thanks!
i have the weathertech mats and they work wonderfully.
especially with all the recent snow, i'll get in the car and drive for a few minutes and look down at the salty/dirty puddle in the mats and think "that would've been in my carpets"

Weathertech mats are one of the best purchases i have ever made. I will never get anything else now.

Back