"iphone 4s" shows up on the japanese apple site ahead of unveiling

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
"iphone 4s" shows up on the japanese apple site ahead of unveiling

looks like that answers things, as it showed a pic of a phone identical in looks to the iphone4

Apple has prematurely updated its Japanese retail store sites, disclosing that the iPhone 4S will launch in that country at 8:00 AM on October 14th.

• Staff
the unveiling is going on currently - the 4s is being shown

• Staff
Phil: “So that’s the iPhone 4S. Black and white, 16GB for $199, 32GB for $299, and 64GB for $399. 64GB is the first time in an iPhone.”

• Staff
iphone5apple2011liveblogkeynote1590.jpg

• Staff
2:35PM It'll hit US, Canada, Australia, the UK, France, Germany, and Japan. In the US it'll be Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint

• Staff
They look the same :rotfl:
basically identical on the outside. All new internals, 1080p video, new camera, dual core processor from the ipad2, new assistant... etc etc. You'll have to see the video of the assistant. That seems to be one of the biggest updates to this model.

Interesting. I heard they'll have a new OS available for the iPad 2 and others soon also

no talk of "iphone 5", no 4g. They said a while ago that this wouldn't have 4g because the chips weren't ready for a global phone, in the size they needed to fit inside the case

Edit:

I should clarify- it has hspa+, not lte 4g.

So instead of maxing 3G data speeds on the previous ipone4 at~ 5Mbps, the iphone 4s it's capable of hitting ~14.4Mbps on hspa+.

Slapping the iOS5 GM seed on the phone, Siri should be on here. I'll keep you guys updated.. iPhone 4S is pretty disappointing.

no talk of "iphone 5", no 4g. They said a while ago that this wouldn't have 4g because the chips weren't ready for a global phone, in the size they needed to fit inside the case

That's dumb.. They need to make it 4G to keep up with the other phones..

I should clarify- it has hspa+, not lte 4g.

So instead of maxing 3G data speeds on the previous ipone4 at~ 5Mbps, the iphone 4s it's capable of hitting ~14.4Mbps on hspa+.

fail phone fails....so basically just a bit faster? and sprint customers get to jump on the apple crack now?

The camera shoots 1080p vids, camera is 8mp, faster processor,.. World phone - you can basically jump from CDMA networks to gsm networks if you travel,.. Supports hspa+ (not quite lte 4g speeds), sprint gets it,..

Not sure what else off the top of my head. They usually release the press video late the same day. So it'll probably be viewable on the apple site tonight.

I'll have to read that article later - thank you

Back