"iphone 4s" shows up on the japanese apple site ahead of unveiling

Slapping the iOS5 GM seed on the phone, Siri should be on here. I'll keep you guys updated.. iPhone 4S is pretty disappointing.
siri is slated for the iphone 4s only. I'm guessing it will not work properly from all of the articles I've read.

from apple support forum -

opened my Siri app on my iPhone 4 and it displayed the following message:

"I've been replaced! The new Siri is even smarter and better-looking than me, and waiting for you on the iPhone 4S. I'll be leaving for home Oct 15th.".

it's voice recognition... you ask questions/give orders... and it will follow those commands - as shown in the vid

android has a similar voice recognition system on their phones. This is just supposedly taking things much further than any phone has to date. I don't know. I'm sure there will be tons of reviews or feedback on it in a few weeks

i have been running iOS 5 on my iphone for a couple weeks now and i must say it has completely changed my phone! i am excited about the 4s and will probably upgrade to it.

anything specific that you like a lot?

The software is noticeably faster than ios4
There are additional API's now enabled for better integration with other hardware devices, and open up the device to better software
iMessage is pretty nifty
New notifications are one of the best features
Custom text/email/ring tones
Camera from lock screen
Notifications on lock screen

are you working on an app for your work?

The software is noticeably faster than ios4
There are additional API's now enabled for better integration with other hardware devices, and open up the device to better software
iMessage is pretty nifty
New notifications are one of the best features
Custom text/email/ring tones
Camera from lock screen
Notifications on lock screen
all of this^ i have a bunch of screen shots that i can upload as soon as i get a break from work

either of you building apps for your work, or what are you working on?

Back