Issues with fog lights

I drive a 2014 civic lx coupe automatic I installed after market headlights and ever since I’ve been having electric issues, my ac/heat cuts on and off whenever I lock or in lock my car, I disconnected them for now until I fix the problem does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

What did you do to install the headlights? Did they not just plug into the oem harness from the old headlights?

I have no clue what to tell you without seeing what you did. Did you follow some sort of guide on how to install them from the manufacturer? Do you have a pic of their install docs? Can you take the lights off easily and go back to oem to see if the problem is resolved?

I have no clue what to tell you without seeing what you did. Did you follow some sort of guide on how to install them from the manufacturer? Do you have a pic of their install docs? Can you take the lights off easily and go back to oem to see if the problem is resolved?
As soon as I disconnected it went back to normal, I followed a video on YouTube I’ll link it

View: https://youtu.be/Z_GVOXe18Z4

Go back through all the wiring. You most likely have something shorting out somewhere due to touching somewhere it's not supposed to... or something loose that shouldn't be. Check all connections... connectors... and pin tension.

I know I didn’t heat shrink some of the heat shrink tubes because I didn’t have lighter or anything could that be a problem?

Absolutely. Any short cut in wiring could be an issue. I also would recommend soldering all of your wire connections... and then heat shrinking them. This will ensure the best connection possible.

Absolutely. Any short cut in wiring could be an issue. I also would recommend soldering all of your wire connections... and then heat shrinking them. This will ensure the best connection possible.
Every one of the connections was a male and female connection, would I still need to solder it?

Every one of the connections was a male and female connection, would I still need to solder it?
No. Not if it was a connector. I didn't watch the video. I'd check though to make sure the pins in the connectors all look good. Maybe apply some dielectric lubricant to them. But I'd assume the problem would be in the fuse block itself if you had to wire into it.

In the video he pretty much said to piggy back off of the headlight fuse but considering it’s curting my ac/heat on and off I feel like it’s pulling too much power

I would also check all grounds. The ground in the video at the 7:40 mark had 2 other wires already grounded there. So make sure that ground connection is good. Make sure the connection in the fuse block for the power is good... and it's not touching anywhere it shouldn't be.

How did you I initially have it wired to the fuse block? The same way he did it in the video? You crimped the power wire into a terminal and then just plugged it into the fuse block?

Yes exactly that.
How tight is your crimp on that wire, and can you feel any play in it? If the fogs are off, there would be no power to the circuit. I don’t get how it’s still messing up your hvac if the fogs are off, but it fixed it when you pulled the connector off the fuse.

How tight is your crimp on that wire, and can you feel any play in it? If the fogs are off, there would be no power to the circuit. I don’t get how it’s still messing up your hvac if the fogs are off, but it fixed it when you pulled the connector off the fuse.
No play at all, that’s what I don’t understand either, it’s a complete mess.

Back