'Jackass' Star Ryan Dunn, 34, Dies in Car Crash

KennyGS

How may I help?
Keystone State
'Jackass' Star Ryan Dunn, 34, Dies in Car Crash

1308581679010.jpg

'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn died early Monday in a Pennsylvania car crash. April Margera, the mother of a fellow 'Jackass' dare devil, Bam Margera, confirmed to TMZ that Dunn was killed in the car wreck that also left one other, who has yet to be identified, dead.

The 34-year-old was a part of the 'Jackass' film franchise -- often pulling off eyebrow raising stunts to the delight of his fellow thrill-seeking buddies.
crash400-1308583075.jpg

A photo of the charred wreckage of the car was posted on Twitter and Flickr, apparently by the towing company. The image shows the extent of the fire that must have engulfed the vehicle.

Just hours before his death, Dunn tweeted photo of himself and two pals -- documenting their night out, beer and cigarette in hand.

Although it has not yet been confirmed who was driving the vehicle when it crashed or the cause of the accident, according to Chester County's Daily Local News, Chief Deputy Coroner David Garner confirmed that there was only one vehicle involved in the crash.

"Preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident," police said in a statement.

96.1's The Morning Freak Show is reporting that Dunn was at the wheel when his Porsche careened over the road's guardrail and into the woods before bursting into flames. The collision occurred at roughly 3:00 AM Monday morning on Pennsylvania's Route 322.

The identity of Dunn's passenger will be revealed pending autopsy results due out later today.

So crazy. Looks like they removed the last tweet from his profile. The last tweet on his profile is talking about a tv show. I wonder if they'll say how fast he was going. There is like nothing left of that car, rip

Friends and an extended family of fans take to Twitter express sadness.

Ryan Dunn’s untimely [rip] via a car crash early Monday morning stunned members of his inner circle when they heard the news, and now the sadness extends all over the nation as others learn of the auto accident.

Some who were close to him, such as his Jackass costar Johnny Knoxville, are taking to Twitter Monday to mourn.

“Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn,” Knoxville tweeted.

“My heart goes out to his family and his beloved Angie. RIP Ryan,” he added, finishing with: “I love you buddy.”

Others close to Dunn have yet to weigh in on Twitter.

Radar online reported Steve-O, another friend and Jackass compatriot was “too devastated to comment at this time” on the passing of Dunn.

Jason "Weeman" Acuna tweeted Monday that he missed his friend. "You were always a happy kick-*** dude," he said in the tweet.

Fans all over America are echoing the sentiment and feeling blue today. They are voicing as much online regarding the 34-year-old’s unexpected passing via a car accident on Facebook and Twitter.

Dunn’s name is still a top trending topic on the social networking website and he remains one of Google’s top searches Monday.

what the heck?????? This is maybe a stunt/joke???????

326529920_G.jpg

:sadbanana: i was watching jackass 3.5 with some friends on friday night and i had mentioned how its a miracle that none of these guys have died yet, and then first thing i hear this morning is that Dunn had passed

EDIT: uh cant you get in a lot of trouble for faking your death?!

dunnpolice.jpg

Most claim the faked image is the work of some troll.

Ebert rips late Ryan Dunn
June 20, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
By Tim Kenneally
TheWrap

Roger Ebert isn't holding back his thoughts about Ryan Dunn's death.
Bing: More on Ryan Dunn's career

The film critic lashed out via his Twitter account on Monday morning, lambasting the "Jackass" star, who died in a car crash in Pennsylvania Monday, after his Porsche jumped a guard rail and burst into flames. Dunn was apparently driving under the influence.
Also read: 'Jackass' Star Ryan Dunn Dies in Car Wreck
"'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn, RIP. His Porsche flew through 40 yards of trees," Ebert tweeted shortly after news of Dunn's death broke. "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive."

In the hours before the crash, Dunn posted a photo of himself apparently engaged in a drinking session with a pair of acquaintances on Twitter.

According to TMZ, Dunn spent several hours at Philadelphia-area bar Barnaby's of America where, according to witnesses, he sucked down at least three beers and three shots of booze.
More: Hollywood reacts to Ryan Dunn's death
Accounts vary as to Dunn's level of inebriation; one of the friends he was drinking with tells the site that Dunn wasn't too drunk to drive, while another patron says he was "wasted" and "had a lot to drink."

(Jack)asshattery in a car = no good. Sucks that it had to end in death, but situations like this fair no remorse from me. It's sad that he was stupid enough to kill himself.

Back