Joe's Super Clean R18 Build Thread - March '14 & 15' ROTM Winner

gave the wrx a spin today, really nice car..stalled once at a stoplight, so embarrassing lol
still love my civic though, too much blood, sweat and sentimental value invested in my baby :)

DSC_0400_zps0b800252.jpg

Last edited:
boring saturday..decided to create a pixel of my car :)

DCgzQoX2345_zps7fd3f757.png

question, how do you edit the signature...really can't figure it out.

Last edited:
i do have a few scratches underneath already, but its holding up quite well. the shop that i got it done at did a pretty good job!

just installed the Viper 5704v 2-way Car Alarm with Remote Start and Proximity Sensor...shop forgot to connect the tach sense wire so the remote start is a little funky but going back tomorrow, should be easy fix.
question: since i have this remote now, the buttons on the key fob are kind of obsolete now. is there a blank out there that i can buy to cover up the buttons, any suggestions welcomed!

the good: installed an ezlip to protect my modulo lip from scrapes
the bad: the 3m would rip off the paint on my lip if i ever decide to remove the ezlip :( i was fiddling with it a little because it was crooked just seconds after i stuck it on and didn't realize how strong the 3m was...i think its because i already had some minor scrapes underneath and the double sided tape peels it back further. *sigh* oh well, might have to repaint the lip when i ever decide to remove the ez lip. here's some pics!

image2_zpse1815f62.jpg

image_zpsd34b4a53.jpg

Last edited:
anyone know a good way black out the 3m on the ez lip a little so its more subtle? my brother whose sponsored by ezlip actually told me that they were thinking about using black 3m in the future..but until then i'm trying to figure out a way to make it less obvious. from the picture above you can see a gray seam that goes all across the lip. maybe line it with some sort of black strip? what do you guys think?

just installed the Viper 5704v 2-way Car Alarm with Remote Start and Proximity Sensor...shop forgot to connect the tach sense wire so the remote start is a little funky but going back tomorrow, should be easy fix.
question: since i have this remote now, the buttons on the key fob are kind of obsolete now. is there a blank out there that i can buy to cover up the buttons, any suggestions welcomed!
If it really bugs you, you can have the dealer take a valet key blank and cut it to match your master key. It'll need to be programmed, but a bunch of people used to do that at my old dealership. It was about $50 for the blank and programming.

horrible day today...so i woke up excited to install my hella supertones and after a few hours, creating some custom brackets, and a stripped bolt i was able to mount the horns at a good location behind the grille. so before giving it its first honk i tested the bumper to see if it would fit back on..nope. :banghead: so after a few more hours and more disappointment i gave up and mounted them at a easier location behind the fog lamps. so here we go, first honk, and it was LOUD but for some reason it STAYED HONKING! :omg: this was SCARY and i rushed to disconnect the ground wire as quickly as i could. no doubt i woke up or annoyed the entire neighborhood. This was super frustrating and after doing a bit more research, people said it had something to do with an issue from the relay harness. I'm currently trying to get a replacement from the vendor (subimods) but till then i'm hornless...whole day wasted:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Photo0126_zps6dcf462d.jpg

here's where i ended up mounting them...you can see my pod filter for my intake in the middle. hopefully i can get them properly wired back up by this coming week..

Last edited:
Wow your FB2 looks great man I can't believe we have the same taste in cars I have the Same car just you have all the mods on yours that I have planed for mine lol gotta get some greenback first lol

@webby yep turned out pretty good, masking off the top part makes it super easy. although i might remove the ezlip soon, possibly going to invest in the sti lip.

thanks @Daniel Peden, its been almost 3 years but little by little all the mods really make the car. i'll have a small shoot soon to let you guys see how its all come together! hope to see some more pics of your ride as well!

Look great! I was going to suggest using a black sharpie marker, but plastic dip will surely be more durable.

Is it me, or does your OEM spoiler look a little lower than the regular one? Looks sweet.

Back