Just bought a new 2015 Civic Si Coupe

Better choice would be PRL intake. Congrats

K24>R18

:shadyhat:

Just traded my 2012 Civic LX in for a new 2015 Si on Black Friday and wow, this is a whole different animal, driving just got fun again! Also I ordered the Takeda Momentum Sealed Stage 2 Cold Air Intake Kit with Pro DRY S Air Filter (TM-1018P-D ) I hope this was a good choice?

View attachment 44030

Dang. It looks exactly like my car except I have red lines on the sides. Let me know how that Cold Air Intake is because I'm considering getting one myself.

The Takeda Momentum has been on backorder, hopefully it will be shipped soon! I love the Si but this is my first black car it's hard to keep clean, I'm trying the Black Edge Wax from Surf City Garage and so far It's great. I also painted my brake calipers red using the DIY kit from Duplicolor. I recently noticed that the 2015 Si 4 door model actually has different front and rear cosmetics, not why Honda but I think the coupes looks better.

The Takeda Momentum has been on backorder, hopefully it will be shipped soon!

Cancel the order and get a PRL SRI or CAI. That Takeda will actually cause a power loss compared to stock.

The reason I ordered the Takeda Momentum is because so many people on the Civic forum reported great power improvements.

The reason I ordered the Takeda Momentum is because so many people on the Civic forum reported great power improvements.
Not on this forum. Vitviper has done some extensive comparisons and determined that the PRL CAI and SRI were the only one to make gains over stock. All others don't make any or cause a loss.

Can you give me some links to the tests? I belong to several Civic forums and don't recall which ones I found Takeda articles on during my research but Civic owners reported very good results from the momentum stage 2 system on the 1.8 liter engines so I thought I would try one on the Si.

Last edited:
Also, you really need a tune for boltons with this car. Otherwise, it really doesn't run properly. Honestly, you should skip the intake and start with a FR or UR downpipe and FlashPro/Tune. Biggest bang for your buck performance mod on the car.

Easyas123 I finally received the Takeda Momentum intake system, after installation the engine definitely sounded louder and prouder! I also noticed an improvement in midrange power. Below I provided the URL to Intake reviews done by Webby. My only complaint was trying to re-use the small factory hose clamps for the coolant line, this did not work well and I had to go buy some small hose clamps to finish the job right.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-intake-list-with-product-info-links.6472/

Attachments

• 20150123_191311s.jpg
    20150123_191311s.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Easyas123 I finally received the Takeda Momentum intake system, after installation the engine definitely sounded louder and prouder! I also noticed an improvement in midrange power. Below I provided the URL to Intake reviews done by Webby. My only complaint was trying to re-use the small factory hose clamps for the coolant line, this did not work well and I had to go buy some small hose clamps to finish the job right.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-intake-list-with-product-info-links.6472/

First of all, I really wish that I wasn't forced to park near a desert-like parking lot for work everyday or lived in a place where it snows. Because your car looks super clean all the time. Secondly, that intake looks beautiful. I'll check out those review videos and hopefully that will help me decide what to get. There's also plenty of helpful threads around here, so I'll also use them. After watching lots of youtube videos, I'm now debating on getting it turbo or supercharged after my next deployment. Except I cringe every time I see the price tag for something like that.

Back