2012+ Civic Intake List With Product Info & Links

Discussion in 'Intakes & TB Spacers' started by webby, Jan 16, 2013.

1. webby
    • Staff
    • 2016 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

K&N Drop In Filter: SI Model: K&N 33-2473
    List Price: $ 69.00
    [​IMG]

K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. We make over 1,200 different replacement air filters for virtually every vehicle on the road. These filters are washable and reusable and are custom designed to fit into your existing factory air box. Their drop-in design means adding performance is simple. With most vehicles you simply remove the disposable air filter and replace it with a K&N. See applicable instruction sheet for details. Our stock replacement air filters for street vehicles are covered by our famous K&N Million-Mile Limited Warranty™ and will be THE LAST AIR FILTER YOUR VEHICLE WILL EVER NEED

info/comments/reviews
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/anyone-tried-the-k-n-drop-in-filter.3778/

===============================

K&N Drop In Filter: Non-SI: K&N 33-2473
    List Price: $60.00
    [​IMG]
    K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. We make over 1,200 different replacement air filters for virtually every vehicle on the road. These filters are washable and reusable and are custom designed to fit into your existing factory air box. Their drop-in design means adding performance is simple. With most vehicles you simply remove the disposable air filter and replace it with a K&N. See applicable instruction sheet for details. Our stock replacement air filters for street vehicles are covered by our famous K&N Million-Mile Limited Warranty™ and will be THE LAST AIR FILTER YOUR VEHICLE WILL EVER NEED.

K&N Short Ram Intake - K&N 69-1019TS
    List Price: $ 499.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Built for performance and show, the Typhoon® Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles. Each kit is proven on a rear-wheel dynamometer to increase horsepower and torque. Typhoon intakes come in one of three designs; cold air intakes (CA), short ram intakes (SR), or complete cold air (CCA) intakes which can be configured as either a cold air intake or a short ram intake. They come with an oversized High-Flow conical air filter designed to provide increased surface area and dust capacity. This extra surface area provides even more airflow at lower restriction than a standard K&N O/E replacement filter that is limited to the size of the factory air box. The oversize air filter also captures more dirt increasing the service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles). Some Typhoon Air Intakes are not legal for use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are CARB exempt and 50 state legal. Check the K&N catalog or website vehicle parts search for specific CARB status.

info/comments/reviews can be found throughout this thread -
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/new-k-n-sri.4843/

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/k-n-typhoon-is-great-addition.5582/

Installation info from K&N - attached here
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/69-1019_inst-pdf.8598/

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19k2ox2Hwm0

Injen Intake: SP1579P

List Price: $470.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2012 Civic SI 4Cyl. 2.4L Tuned short ram air intake system with MR Tech., Air Fusion and Web nano-fiber dry filter

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3kwTh29bc

info/reviews/comments
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/injen-intakes-2012-civic-si-update-email-dyno.4149/

videos
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/media/keyword/injen/

Injen Intake - Non-Si Models : SP1571P
    List Price $445.00
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2012 Civic 1.8L 4 cyl. 2012 Civic (9th Gen Tuned air intake with MR Tech & Air Fusion and nano-fiber dry filter

Takeda AFE Intake: TM-1018P-R
    List Price $418.80
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The all new Takeda Momentum Sealed Intake System produces up to 20HP and 18lbs. x ft. of torque over stock, while outflowing the factory intake by 42%. Unlike other Takeda intakes, this system uses a PRO 5R progressive mesh five layer filter for maximum airflow and convenience. This system uses a unique rotomolded sealed air box designed to increase airflow using the factory ram air scoop for maximum torque in all weather situations. Takeda intakes come complete with all necessary hardware.

Installation PDF -
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/afe-pdf.10209/

[​IMG]

Advanced Racing Technology ART: ARTCSI24CAI
    List Price: $239.99

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every kit includes a never-oil air filter, and a hard intake pipe with a pre-welded CNC-cut flange for installing the factory mass airflow sensor. Once installed, your Civic Si will be even more enjoyable to drive. As with all our intake kits, you don't need to worry about "hydrolock", as you would with other intake kits. If you have any questions or special requests, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    DYNO PROVEN: 15HP/8TQ GAINS OVER STOCK AIR BOX

@jnastii has this intake

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihi-p9dSI0k

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgjQjYRAgGg

Advanced Racing Technology ART: NON-SI Models: ARTC18CAI
    List Price: $239.99

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every kit includes a never-oil air filter, and a hard intake pipe with a pre-welded CNC-cut flange for installing the factory mass airflow sensor. Once installed, your Civic will be even more enjoyable to drive. As with all our intake kits, you don't need to worry about "hydrolock", as you would with other intake kits. If you have any questions or special requests, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    DYNO PROVEN: 6-8HP GAINS OVER STOCK AIR BOX

Greddy Intake: 12559101
    List price: $350.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FG4 (K24) 2.4L - Momentum Series GReddy Air Intake System with sealed molded air-box with factory air scoop integration. Rounded-nose, dry element, cone filter and polished Aluminum intake piping with MAF attachment point

Greddy Installation PDF -
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/greddy-pdf.10210/

Custom 3.5" Intake (Specifically For RBC Users)
    List Price: Intake $365
    List Price: Battery Tray $130

custom 3.5inch intake for our cars along with the battery tray for proper fitment. This is for RBC users & requires Hondata Flashpro

[​IMG]

Contact randy at rstech for more info

http://rstech-racing.com/

AEM Cold Air Intake 2012+ Civic Si
    MSRP: $325
    Part# 21-716C

also available in polished -
    Part# 21-716P
    List Price: $375

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AEM Intake Systems are designed to produce massive horsepower and torque gains as well as better engine sound when used as a replacement for the factory airbox and air filter. AEM intake systems are designed, tuned, and dyno-tested to fit specific cars and trucks. These kits usually include an oversized AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for outstanding air flow, filtration, and performance while allowing easy oil-free cleaning

[​IMG]
    Installation vid
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2...th-product-info-links.6472/page-5#post-226341
    Product Page
    http://www.aemintakes.com/store/product.aspx?prod=21-716c
    AEM Installation PDF -
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/aem-install-pdf.15823/

AEM Cold Air Intake - 2012+ Non-Si
    MSRP: $319.20
    21-714C - gray
    21-714P - polished

[​IMG]

AEM Intake Systems are designed to produce massive horsepower and torque gains as well as better engine sound when used as a replacement for the factory airbox and air filter. AEM intake systems are designed, tuned, and dyno-tested to fit specific cars and trucks. These kits usually include an oversized AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for outstanding air flow, filtration, and performance while allowing easy oil-free cleaning.

[​IMG]

Installation
    http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/aem-r18-pdf.16897/

Takeda Retain Short Ram Intake - 2012+ Non-Si
    MSRP: $274.80
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This all new Takeda Retain Sealed Intake System produced 6hp and 7lbs. x ft. torque and outflowed the factory intake by 17%. This sealed design was opted over a traditional cold air intake, due to the fact that there is no fresh air running behind the front bumper. This system uses a PRO 5R progressive weave filter for maximum airflow and increased performance. This unique design uses a one piece rotomolded air intake tube/housing that snaps onto the factory lower air box for a quick hassle free installation. The lower air box retains your factory ram air scoop to keep cool air flowing for maximum power gains.

Product page:
    http://afepower.com/shop/details_ne...model=Civic&year=2012&engine=1.8L&&brandID=78

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2016 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

PRL Motorsports 2012+ SI With Or Without Battery Relocation (Requires RBC)
    MSRP: $249 & $349 with battery relocation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PRL Motorsports Cold Air Intake for 2012 Civic SI for RBC intake manifold users.
    After many requests, PRL Motorsports is proud to bring you this Cold Air Intake system that is designed to work with our RBC intake manifold adapter on the 2012 Civic SI. This intake system is made in house from 3.5″ mandrel bent 6061 tubing and utitilizes a blox racing 3.5″ velocity stack with high flow filter. The couplers are 4 ply silicone and use the correct size reducer for either the stock throttle body or the ZDX throttle body. Also included in this kit is a 1.25″ aluminum elbow that installs into the stock upper radiator hose to relocate it further down and underneath the intake to allow for better clearance and move some heat away from the intake.

installation info

================================

PRL Motorsports 2012+ SI Short Ram Intake (Requires RBC)
    MSRP: $189.99

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PRL Motorsports Short Ram Intake for 2012 Civic SI for RBC intake manifold users.

After many requests, PRL Motorsports is proud to bring you this short ram intake system that is designed to work with our RBC intake manifold adapter on the 2012 Civic SI. This intake system is made in house from 3.5″ mandrel bent 6061 tubing and utitilizes a blox racing 3.5″ velocity stack with high flow filter. The couplers are 4 ply silicone and use the correct size reducer for either the stock throttle body or the ZDX throttle body. Also included in this kit is a 1.25″ aluminum elbow that installs into the stock upper radiator hose to relocate it further down and underneath the intake to allow for better clearance and move some heat away from the intake.

install notes

Rick Spec'd Version 2 Intake 2012+ SI
    MSRP: $369.99

[​IMG]

Fits only Si models. Makes 14+HP on Average. Works best with Skunk2 Alpha Header and Exhaust System. Includes Intake System, Battery Relocation kit and all needed hardware for 110% bolt on installation. The Import DPS “Rick Spec’d” Intake Systems are dyno proven Cold and Short Ram Intake systems built for the 2006-2011 Honda Civic Si. These Systems were tested on a variety of vehicles on the Import DPS Dynojet 224×2 as well as other dynos used by other tuners. All of these systems come with quality components and are all made in our facility. From a Supercharged Setup to your bolt on vehicle these intake systems make a powerband that is unmatched by other companies out.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    samRai likes this.
  3. Arkade 0090

Arkade 0090 Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    Awesome post webby! Sure to answer a lot of questions. I myself, after alot of flip flopping, have finally decided to go with the GReddy!

webby likes this.
  4. Dar-Dar
    • Staff

Dar-Dar Mordorator

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
    I can see the Takeda/Greddy to be the best performing intakes for the 2012-2013 Si's (especially with the deleted resonator). The Injen intake for the R18 looks like an anaconda. :giggle:

5. Dar-Dar
    • Staff

Dar-Dar Mordorator

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    I'm also assuming that the 3.5" intakes will be coming real soon for this gen Si.

Skunk2, Hybrid Racing, and Import DPS will be battling at it again.

6. boejoula

boejoula Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    I plan to get the skunk2 when it's avail and sell my k&n Sri. I'm really hoping the skunk is the hard polymer one from the 8th gen

7. BlacklistRogue

BlacklistRogue Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    I hope it's the Polymer kind as well. I'm holding off on most hard parts until skunk starts releasing stuff

8. AlienPrime

AlienPrime Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si HFP
    Body Style:
    2 door Coupe
    This is super awesome! We need to keep seeing threads like these!! This is awesomee [​IMG]

Slowmunroe and webby like this.
  9. webby
    • Staff
    • 2016 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

more to come

10. JAYBLS

JAYBLS Well-Known Member

What's the difference between the Takeda and Greddy? They look exactly the same. Also, what are the inner diameters of them? The only one with any diameter listed is the 3.5" from 4130. Am I to assume, then, that all the others are smaller than 3.5"?

11. Dar-Dar
    • Staff

Dar-Dar Mordorator

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    There's no difference between the aFe Takeda or the Greddy except the name. They are both Momentum intakes. I think they both use 3" O.D. piping. The other intakes, compared to the 4130, can be used for cars with the stock ECUs or flashpro. While the 4130 3.5" is used solely and intended for cars with Flashpro.

12. Dar-Dar
    • Staff

Dar-Dar Mordorator

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    webby likes this.
  13. JAYBLS

JAYBLS Well-Known Member

That's cool. I just needed to know the diameter. I'm looking at possibly doing the PRL RBC/ZDX setup, but I don't like the way that 4130 intake looks at all, regardless of how well it functions. The Takeda and Greddy units look as if they'd blend into the engine bay the best and let's face it, aesthetics is almost equally as important as function (at least to me it is). I want BOTH function and form. I'm kinda thinking a Greddy intake box with the Airaid UBI 3.5" kit may do the trick.

I realize this could be considered somewhat off topic, but I thought it might help some people who are thinking of trying the same throttle body/intake manifold setup and weren't a huge fan of having a random looking PVC pipe in their engine bay.

14. Dar-Dar
    • Staff

Dar-Dar Mordorator

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    I had something similar to the 4130 intake which was the Rick Spec'd cai for the 8thgens.
    [​IMG]
    I loved the look of it, but I wished that Takeda/Greddy made something like the intakes that the 9thgens have. Takeda is now in the process of making the same 'Momentum' intakes for the 8thgens though. :woot:

15. JAYBLS

JAYBLS Well-Known Member

^THAT doesn't look bad at all. However, I'm just not too wild about relocating the battery. If it were possible to keep the stock intake box I'd do it, but I know it's not going to flow as well as the Greddy box.

Dar-Dar likes this.
  16. Dar-Dar
    • Staff

Dar-Dar Mordorator

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    That's the only downside. Lol. It would be great if Takeda/Greddy made 3.5" options for their Momentum intakes.

17. webby
    • Staff
    • 2016 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

added the PDF's - thanks dardar

Dar-Dar likes this.
  18. Arkade 0090

Arkade 0090 Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    Do all 3.5" intakes require flashpro or that just the case with the 4130? On that note i heard Skunk2 is close to releasing their 3.5".

19. Dar-Dar
    • Staff

Dar-Dar Mordorator

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    The MAF sensor won't get accurate readings when the MAF housing tube diameter is greater than 3" causing the engine to stall. So yes, you'll need Flashpro for all 3.5" intakes (or if the MAF housing is greater than 3").

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  20. Trentimus

Trentimus Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Acura ILX
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    webby

Also AEM Cold Air Intake for 2012+ Si/2013+ ILX
    Part# 21-716C
    List Price: $325
    [​IMG]
    Part# 21-716P
    List Price: $375
    [​IMG]

Same intake just one is Polished finish, the other is charcoal gray.

I have this intake, @ WOT it pulls **consistently** 3-5F over ambient temps.
    This goes down into the bumper right behind the fog light housing.

DYNO:
    http://www.aemintakes.com/dynocharts/AEM-21-716_dyno.pdf

Installed in my ILX below.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    Vahag Chakerian, webby and Dar-Dar like this.