k757's '11 WRX ..... woot!

so much fun to play in the snow! :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

Just to give you a heads up, (if you didn't know)... if a cop catches you doing drifts/donuts in the snow, it's actually 6 points on your license. I think that's crazy, as that's the same number of points as getting a DUI, but yea.

:eek: Crazy!!

I did some digging, and it does look like it's based by state. Some states show 4 points, some 6, etc. You can find forum posts by others who have been hit with 6 points etc. Seems a number of them were from OH.

JNA lip

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

are you allowed to swap your oem springs out for stiffer ones?

are you allowed to swap your oem springs out for stiffer ones?
not if I want to stay in a stock class, which I do as the PAX is amazing for the WRX.

EDIT:
for comparison, an '11 stage 2 STI, on a 60 sec course, he beat me by 1.5 sec (raw time), but with the PAX, I beat him by like 3 seconds

This past weekend, on Saturday was a Rookie School which included a 3 run "race". I came in 1st of 43 cars.
On Sunday, a normal auto-x event. I won my class (rookie stock) and was the fastest Rookie (stock, non-stock, street tire)

Next Saturday, I am racing at Devens, an old airstrip
random Devens video from YouTube
(at 42 seconds, that is basically the fastest SM car around)

so it's like a golf handicap
yea, it levels the playing field, that way a civic could race against a Mustang GT.

At Devens, currently, my competition is:

D Stock - 2006 BMW 325i
H Stock - 2011 Volkswagen Golf
Street Touring X - 2009 Mini Cooper
H Stock - Mini Cooper
Street Mod FWD - 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo
D Stock - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
X Prepared - 1990 Chevrolet Corvette
Street Modified - 1998 Subaru Impreza RS
C Stock - Mazda RX-8
Super Street Prepared - 2009 Nissan GTR
H Stock - Mini Cooper
X Prepared - 1990 Chevrolet Corvette
F Stock - 2009 - Ford Mustang GT

so how do they determine "stock" - if you've got aftermarket sway bars, and other stuff?

Good pics and congrats on your wins. Can you change the shocks? I know for the Si the Koni's make a huge difference.
There is a guy here in GA that was running an Si in G stock, and was normally only off the overall stock winner by 1 second or so.
The one autox I did before I got sick was fun, especially since I won rookie by over 3 seconds. I was only off the seasoned Si guys in STX by 1 to 2 seconds. They told me I couldn't run rookie again. That I would have to run with the other STX guys, but now the car is back to stock. I can't even begin to determine where the BMW would run, but since I haven't ran with the ATL region, BMW CCA, or Peachtree PCA then I would have to run novice/rookie.

Back