Looking at buying a '12, few questions

Just a thought..... But have you considered a Civic ex or exL , they aren't having oil issues or anything else that I've read about.... Burns reg fuel and get's between 30/39 mpg ? Of course I own one !

I know it's like trying to talk a person into getting a regular ford instead of a Mustang.

Monk, I am more for the basic model as well, my insurance man's father just bought one I think it's a 10-11, I know it's not a 12 and he was getting 42mpg driving down to salt lake city for a vacation, I personally want the basic model like him

My girl on the other hand wants a SI, she likes the 10-11 body style better then the 12, but she's afraid of buying a preowned 10-11 in fear of kids beating on them, thats the main reason we got away from the Subaru STI, every teenager has one, beats the hell out of it and then the bank takes it a few months later...

Not knocking the 12, but was there any serious issues with the 10-11? I doubt we will find one with what she wants, that's why I say go with the 12...

I'm pretty sure we have decided its going to be a civic ( my first time owning a Honda) I like how I have this place to come to to ask questions and don't feel alone with a new purchase and new experience, so it looks civic all the way, the gas mileage is crazy, and people I talk to have gotten ridiculous life out of them, 200k 250k I have never owned a vehicle to reach that kind of mileage and I take care of every vehicle I ever bought

Again thank you all for the welcome and taking the time to explain the answers to my questions!

Big thumbs up civic guys and gals!

Lightningdan....... I've only done the research on the 12's, so I can't help you personally, but webby said this is the only year with the problem and that it might just be a select few, He seems to know his stuff. I on the other hand think that if it's just a time thing for the engine to be run(break) in fine........ But I'm a little ocd and wouldn't want to gamble on an oil issue........ I've never had a car/bike that used oil between oil changes after the 1st 1000 miles, and have had 4 bikes with over 100k miles each on them and 5 cars same milage no problems. (side note, you're paying for her car, Right?)

Lol. I just read your thread on 8th. Those comments. :pat:

Thanks guys, I haven't forgotten this place we have just be crazy busy, we haven't even looked yet.. We have a few family things we have to address first, I hope to christ when we find a si, we don't get the oil issue otherwise I'll be in the same boat I am in, worrying about her on the road...

Back