Mah new whip!!!

We can meet an I will throw some mud on your bike. World will be ok them, lol.

What size frame did you go with?

Got all my gear in check so I am ready for the trails when you are....

CIMG3555.jpg

3 tire levers. Help to pull the tire off the rim.

Thule or Yakima. A guy on the Ocho has most of one for sale. Prepare to spend $300+. You can scan craigslist and ebay or some of the mtn bike forums.

You will need Q clips, towers, cross bars, bike trays and locks.

How difficult is it to put a mountain bike on the roof of a civic? Is it insane to get it on the roof and strap it in?

How difficult is it to put a mountain bike on the roof of a civic? Is it insane to get it on the roof and strap it in?

Depends on what you go with. You can do a fork mount or a full bike mount. I would think fork mount would be a bit easier? lees weight to trow up there. Also I think the fork mount just grabs the bike better.

There was a recall on the Yakima full bike mount that if whatever happened the bike could fall off, lol. There are more options on how the bike is held with a full bike mount.

Fork mount...
Thule518-EchelonTM-Fork-Mout-Roof-Rack-1.jpg

Full bike mount...
06_Mazda6_Wgn_Bikerack.jpg

Im sure there are other brand but these are the two more recognized ones. There are also those trunk strap racks and a hitch rack too.

I've seen the hitch mounts before.. I've just never seen anyone throw their bike on a roof rack. I just invision pedal scratches, chains rubbing, or bad things in my head when it's being lifted up

I guess it would depend on the person. My bike is 33lbs, little less without the front tire if I end up doing a roof rack.

I would guess that you place the rear tire on the tray first then try to insert the fork at the mount point. Can't be that hard to not hit the car with the bike.

I want the fork mount one, I bought a trunk mount but not really crazy about it. It holds good that I can tell, I went down some rough roads with the bikes on and everything stayed in place.

Nice! Hoping to go to the White Water Center tomorrow after work. Borrowing the parents Cherokee for the weekend and will toss the bike in the back for tomorrow. This weekend we are going up past Ashville for the holiday weekend.

i thought of getting a bike rack just cause i like the look. but if i had a bike it would make more sense....

If you got one for the look I would drive to Canadia and yell FAIL!!!! in yo face a lot of times!

:giggle:

they can reduce your gas mileage by up to 3mpg....if that's any incentive not to have one?

Back