Maintenance info

Discussion in '9th Generation Civic General Discussion' started by K24RippiniT, Sep 13, 2017.

1. K24RippiniT

K24RippiniT Member

Hi all. I just bought a 2012 si sedan last week and was wondering what these mean. Do I need to change/replace them? IMG_20170913_004637.jpg IMG_20170913_004634.jpg

2. TF_FB6

TF_FB6 Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Honda Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    Yes you need to change your oil and oil filter, Rotate your tires and change your trans fluid

K24RippiniT likes this.
  3. K24RippiniT

K24RippiniT Member

Why does it show 100% if I need to change the oil?

4. TF_FB6

TF_FB6 Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Honda Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    didn't pay attention to that, but if your oil looks clean then id just reset it, someone probably did the oil change early or is on a different schedule then the car system is, its mainly just a maintenance reminder for preventive that needs done.

K24RippiniT likes this.
  5. Sarcras
    • 2017 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

Sarcras Supporting Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    FB6
    I would check your oil and tire tread depth. It could be that it still needs the work done and someone accidently reset the oil life indicator. If the oil looks like it needs changed and you have lower tread depth on the front then best guess the transmission fluid does still need changing.
    Also, how many miles are on it?

6. freggie

freggie Well-Known Member

It is telling you what needs to be done at next oil change. It is showing two things: oil life, and what needs to be done at the next oil change. When the oil life gets to 30% or lower those are the items you are going to do. It is giving you a heads up so you can buy your trans fluid when you buy the oil and filter.

If you reset the maint. minder I bet the trans fluid will not appear

here is a helpful linky

7. homegrown

homegrown Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    PSA: When you change your oil and/or rotate your tires, don’t forget to check your tire pressure, including the spare! It’s really easy to neglect the spare tire. You don’t want to get stuck with a flat and your spare tire is low also. Spare tire pressure is usually 60PSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk