need help for 2013 price!!!

JRLD16

i'm looking forward on getting a 2013 civic si with 24k miles on it, how much do you guys think it's worth? it's posted at $22k. thank you in advance!

Is it honda certified (100k mile warranty) - from a Honda dealer?

Coupe/Sedan? - Navigation? / Summer Tire Package? / HFP package? / Accessory Options? All of that will alter price

Kelly blue book says $17,8XX - $19,9XX for the si sedan without any additional add-ons from a dealership.
$19,7XX - $20,7XX for 100k mile dealer certified without any add-ons

$17,7XX - $18,3XX for private party purchase - (not a dealership)

http://www.kbb.com/honda/civic/2013...pricetype=retail&persistedcondition=very-good

Too high in my opinion. Some have bought new around the 20k mark plus taxes. Dealerships are going to want to get rid of the 14's here in no time.

Too high in my opinion. Some have bought new around the 20k mark plus taxes. Dealerships are going to want to get rid of the 14's here in no time.
that's what i thought, and im pretty sure i can haggle them down around kbb value or less. people dont wanna buy them that high because they just add a lil more and they can get a new one. or maybe around that price. but i dont know if dealer would do that here in cali.
anyone here work in dealerships who can help me get a good price? i live in socal.

Another note - if you're financing the car, used car interest rates are worse than new. If you have good credit, they are offering 0.9% interest right now on the 2014's to clear them out before the 2015s arrive. You have to realize that dealerships will have 2015's towards Oct-November. Then your 2013 essentially becomes a 2yr old car. The 2014's become a year old. I don't know how much that matters to you in regards to resale value down the road.

Another note - if you're financing the car, used car interest rates are worse than new. If you have good credit, they are offering 0.9% interest right now on the 2014's to clear them out before the 2015s arrive. You have to realize that dealerships will have 2015's towards Oct-November. Then your 2013 essentially becomes a 2yr old car. The 2014's become a year old. I don't know how much that matters to you in regards to resale value down the road.

wooh, i didn't figure that out. oh well, i wasn't in a hurry, and i thought 2015's coming out on next year around march? i mean for SI's?

SI should be available in oct-nov. Previous year was delayed due to the redesign.

i finally got a chance to test drive and check out the car. the steering wheel is not even centered, and i asked the salesman then he was like "i dont know" and he keep saying that the invoice price for the '14 si is around 27,000 with navi, WOW! really? the car has dings here and there, then this guy doesn't even know what he is saying! i asked him if he could lower the price (posted at 20,992) and he keep saying that no they cant because this is not the base model. what? not the base model? i asked him if what the base model is and he said "it's the civic LX" lol then what's the higher model than this one? he said "it's the civic EX-L". and im like oh ok, thank you! then walked away, haha lol

Reactions: Nix
factory invoice on the 2014 si sedan with navigation is $23,765 w/destination fees
same car without nav - $22,363 w/destination fees

fyi, you can go through the thread to see what others have paid for their 2013 new. There are more than a few who paid in the 20k range plus tax.

factory invoice on the 2014 si sedan with navigation is $23,765 w/destination fees
same car without nav - $22,363 w/destination fees

fyi, you can go through the thread to see what others have paid for their 2013 new. There are more than a few who paid in the 20k range plus tax.
i dont know why they are not backing up? maybe im just a 21 yrs old and they think they can fool me? haha lol, well i'll just wait for them to call, I actually offered them $18k do you think thats a fair price?

i dont know why they are not backing up? maybe im just a 21 yrs old and they think they can fool me? haha lol, well i'll just wait for them to call, I actually offered them $18k do you think thats a fair price?
and does the price vary from location? just wondering?

I was offered a brand new leftover DBP 2013 Si Sedan for $20,000 flat. The price was before they knew I had a trade in. This was in February/March. Hondas hold their value so well that it makes little sense to buy used, unless you're getting a crazy deal. I was between a 2012 Si Sedan with 30K on it for an asking price of $19,999 or a brand new RR 13 Si Sedan for $20,800. I didn't have to think hard about that decision haha. Just shop around. You'll find a better deal, somewhere. That salesman sounds like an idiot. I'd avoid him at all costs. I dealt with a guy like that once. He tried to sell my gf a FWD 2008 CRV telling us that they're ALL 4WD. It clearly didn't have the 4WD badge on the back, and it specifically said 2WD on the window sticker. He was a moron lol

I gave you the kelly price on a 25k mile car above...

Kelly blue book says $17,8XX - $19,9XX for the si sedan without any additional add-ons from a dealership.
$19,7XX - $20,7XX for 100k mile honda certified without any add-ons

I gave you the kelly price on a 25k mile car above...

$19,7XX - $20,7XX for 100k mile honda certified without any add-ons

seems about right then,I'm just hesitating because im thinking about those 2015 coming out. once they come out the value of this car and also 14' models will decrease right?

depending on how many 14's they have left when the '15 comes out, you may be able to get a brand new '14 for around that same price. If it were me, I'd wait a bit and see what happens.

I say this because I'm very hesitant about buying a used manual car. You never know how the previous owner drove it. The Si's, in general, are usually beaten to hell...Something to think about

Reactions: Nix
I would stay away from the car if the steering wheel is not centered but it drives straight. If it's pulling then the wheel being off is an alignment issue. If the car drives straight with a crooked wheel it means that wheel has been pulled off the steering column at some point. Possibly from a wreck. I would, ugh this sounds so cheezy, but...

"ask to see the carfax" and see if the car has been wrecked. If not, that wheel issue would frighten me. Who knows what bent parts could be lurking. Nice call on walking from the sales guy who was oblivious.

depending on how many 14's they have left when the '15 comes out, you may be able to get a brand new '14 for around that same price. If it were me, I'd wait a bit and see what happens.

I say this because I'm very hesitant about buying a used manual car. You never know how the previous owner drove it. The Si's, in general, are usually beaten to hell...Something to think about

I agree fully, I grabbed my 13 right before the 14 were on lots for less then 20k brand new. Also most people that get si's do beat on them at least a little.

Back