New 2013 Si Owner! TW FTW

ericc191

Dallas
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
**MAJOR EDIT**
Well, the dealership that had my Silver (ASM) Si sold it to someone else. I had a choice between Black or White. Chose White and I hope I like it for my first white car ever. As I have already discussed in this thread, I'm concerned about giant holes in my front bumper from the license plate. There is a 66% chance it will not have them.
1: Maybe I contact them before it is installed
2: Maybe they installed it the correct way with a bracket that goes up under the bumper
3: Maybe they drilled it into my bumper :\

Here are some pics!

Setting me up for 20%!

Hey everyone! Been lurking for a few days and ended up pulling the trigger on a new ASM Si Sedan. It's currently in Houston and will be with me here in Dallas on Friday! I'm so excited I cannot wait!!!! I had an 06' GGM and it was a good car, but the interior began to feel a bit dated and spartan compared to all my friends new cars. I really wanted bluetooth and a few other options my car didn't have.

I sold the 06' for $10,000 (105K Miles) and got my new Sedan. I chose the sedan because I cannot get over how the new coupe looks. And the sedan surprisingly looks pretty cool. Accord like in the front, BMW like in the back.

Until I get my car, Honda was nice enough to put me in a '13 Accord Couple EX 4 cylinder. Wow this thing is slow and heavy. I really dislike how soft the ride is, too. Too used to my '06 Si.

My current plans will be very simple:
- Custom boot and shift knob like my 8th gen:

- The usual JDM Red H's
- Some tail light tint from GFX
- LED's from exLEDUSA
- Plasti-Dip the chrome in the front.. maybe
- Lamin-X fogs
- Yellow DRLs or LEDs.. not sure
- SRI
- Front HFP lip
- Delete mud guards
- Delete front license plate

Mods that probably won't happen for a good while:
- RH
- Stock looking exhaust
- Hondata
- Springs
- Rims

I will post some pictures as soon as it arrives at my house!

Last edited:
Congrats on your new ride. Countdown to friday!

Nice. Welcome to the site!

Appreciate it guys! Today (Thursday) is going to be torture.

It will all be worth it tomorrow! And not to jack your thread but what's the weight difference on that accord? Just curious since it has the k24 as well correct? Welcome and hope the tornado steered clear of you

Not sure what the weight is in it, but maybe I'm disliking the long front end too.
As for engine, it had some eco dream star engine or something?

And yeah, I think it missed us luckily

Not sure what the weight is in it, but maybe I'm disliking the long front end too.
As for engine, it had some eco dream star engine or something?

And yeah, I think it missed us luckily
All of my family lives in Grand Prairie and the Dallas area so I was keeping my eye on it yesterday. That's good to hear!

Hey important question for you 2013 owners.. does the front licence plate cause the front bumper to have holes? I want to remove it, but I'm guessing it's just drilled into the bumper? Thanks

Hey important question for you 2013 owners.. does the front licence plate cause the front bumper to have holes? I want to remove it, but I'm guessing it's just drilled into the bumper? Thanks

Yes and no! Depends it can be connect with the two bottoms but most dealer drilled the bumper so it doesn't tap on the bumper and make noise

It may not be too late for me. It didn't have one on its way to the dealership by my house. I'll call them as soon as they open tomorrow and ask to not have it installed..

That's a good idea! Matter a fact good up there that way they know your serious. I told them the whole 2 weeks we were waiting for mine to come in from Canada not to PDI the Cecile until I got there and they did it anyway and forgot not to install it was pissed but they gave me a plug for it.

So if they did in fact install it, I can still plug the holes so it doesn't look as bad? My car is now TW since the dealership in Houston decided to sell my ASM. It's ok though.. I was regretting choosing silver. My options were black and white so I went with white. But yeah it won't be the end of the world if they did install it. I'll just have to fix it up

So if they did in fact install it, I can still plug the holes so it doesn't look as bad? My car is now TW since the dealership in Houston decided to sell my ASM. It's ok though.. I was regretting choosing silver. My options were black and white so I went with white. But yeah it won't be the end of the world if they did install it. I'll just have to fix it up

Yup you plug it believe it or not lots of ppl plug it

Man that dealer is crappy if they sold you car and they knew your were buying. Well hey TW is the best color anyway! :highfive:

Yup you plug it believe it or not lots of ppl plug it

Man that dealer is crappy if they sold you car and they knew your were buying. Well hey TW is the best color anyway! :highfive:
Yeah I'm glad they screwed me. White with some red badges and bronze rims!
Where can I buy those plugs?

Back