New 2013 taffeta white si sedan!

Welcome, glad you signed up... Next month will be a year I've had mine, I enjoy it so much it seems like I've only had it a few months. Went for a ride(100+miles) yesterday and got home with 39.6 on my MPG range meter.

Thanks!! I've had mine since Tuesday and I love it!! But I kind of do miss my fbp fg2 ..but I know how you feel about the 100 mile drives, I drive from work and back 84 miles a day and get 33mpg average. Which is great!! Feels great having a car
Knowing that you're the only one that has driven it

With the amount of taffeta whites purchased it is crazy that I have not even seen another 13 si on the road yet!

Thanks for all the welcoming guys!! Well I just ordered jdm emblems and yellow overlays for my fogs. Next step is going to be a intake and some h&r lowering springs. Any suggestions on which intake outputs the most gains??

Thanks for all the welcoming guys!! Well I just ordered jdm emblems and yellow overlays for my fogs. Next step is going to be a intake and some h&r lowering springs. Any suggestions on which intake outputs the most gains??

Take a look at this thread: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-intake-list-with-product-info-links.6472/

People are really liking the temps/gains of the AEM CAI I believe.

I have the Takeda one, but some on here don't like that it uses some of the stock parts. I personally love it and the way it changes your throttle sound.

Last edited:
Take a look at this thread: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-intake-list-with-product-info-links.6472/

People are really liking the temps/gains of the AEM CAI I believe.

I have the Takeda one, but some on here don't like that it uses some of the stock parts. I personally love it and the way it changes your throttle sound.

It looks like the Takeda has made the most gains at 20+hp and 18+tq. The AEM CAI only made 8 hp and tq. Quite surprising that a Sri has made more gains than a cai. Or am Missing something?

It looks like the Takeda has made the most gains at 20+hp and 18+tq. The AEM CAI only made 8 hp and tq. Quite surprising that a Sri has made more gains than a cai. Or am Missing something?

Different dynos, different testers maybe. Again, I really like my Takeda I was just reading through that thread one day and noticed people having much lower temps with the AEM. I don't know of any dyno comparisons maybe someone else who has had both can chime in? Millions-Knives I think?

Different dynos, different testers maybe. Again, I really like my Takeda I was just reading through that thread one day and noticed people having much lower temps with the AEM. I don't know of any dyno comparisons maybe someone else who has had both can chime in? Millions-Knives I think?

I ran both. The Takeda 'may' have better flow dynamics because it's more of a boxed SRI design but it sure runs a heck of a lot hotter than my AEM I have in the car now. Talking +25 degrees above ambient compared to +10 or even less if you remove your driver fog. I axed the Takeda because it lost 1 PSI of boost when Doug was comparing data testing the supercharger. I'm staying with the CAI design because I ended up using all that free space to mount my aftercooler in. The Takeda is a safe, sealed intake in all climates... Let's just say my car isn't a fan of water right now. Lol

I ran both. The Takeda 'may' have better flow dynamics because it's more of a boxed SRI design but it sure runs a heck of a lot hotter than my AEM I have in the car now. Talking +25 degrees above ambient compared to +10 or even less if you remove your driver fog. I axed the Takeda because it lost 1 PSI of boost when Doug was comparing data testing the supercharger. I'm staying with the CAI design because I ended up using all that free space to mount my aftercooler in. The Takeda is a safe, sealed intake in all climates... Let's just say my car isn't a fan of water right now. Lol

Thanks for your input!! But what do you mean by ambient? Sorry for my noob questions lol also if you have any pros and cons for the two I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!

Your IMID display. I just use its temperature reading as a reference point to compare my logs to. I would recommend the AEM, it's fairly shielded it it's location as long as you don't submerge the front end of your car in about 8"-10" of water. The install is a bit more technical but I feel it's well worth it. It's a 3" intake that tapers down to 2.75" to clear the battery then opens up to 3" again. That's my only gripe but it will do until somebody makes a nice 3.5" with a battery relocater that actually mounts to the stock manifold position. Current offerings only accommodate the RBC manifold conversion.

Btw, I seriously doubt the 20hp gain from the Takeda. That's a heck of a lot of power, best bang for your buck is the downpipe and even that won't give you 20hp tuned. It was just hot and accumulated quite a bit of heat soak- didn't work too well with my blower.

Last edited:
Btw, I seriously doubt the 20hp gain from the Takeda. That's a heck of a lot of power, best bang for your buck is the downpipe and even that won't give you 20hp tuned. It was just hot and accumulated quite a bit of heat soak- didn't work too well with my blower.

Cool man thanks a lot for your input!!! :)

Back