New ride! It’s turbo, it is a civic? Maybe....

How long till the next car is purchased?????

• 1 week

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 weeks

• 1 month

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 2 months

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 3 months

• 4-5months

• 6-8 months

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 8 months to 1 yr ...cmon guys

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 1yr+ ..why is this even here

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Ohhh ok nice man, yeah I’ve heard that about the rs3 I’ve honestly been looking at some with 10-17k miles on them for 49k which is not bad at all considering what they go for new, we’ll see what happens down the road lol

Soooo today I finally did my haldex (awd) service, I changed the seals, bolts, oil and cleaned the filter, to my surprising the filter was not as dirty as some say it would have been on the forums, the oil didn’t look that dirty either, I did the service at 32k some say do it at 30k and some say 40k. I was pleased that I did it now, there was some metal shavings in the oil but nothing unexpected. Im just missing my new spark plugs and the downpipe to get the car tuned. Im still debating on whether im going to do the downpipe install myself or have a shop do it.. we’ll see lol

3D1FCB23-C5B3-4983-AB51-49312D684166.jpeg E376C536-2519-4EC1-A511-EB81CCC52123.jpeg

Yeah, some filters get super gummed up and some stay clean. I assume it's because the clutches are essentially paper? I've yet to do mine but I have a brand new pump and service kit sitting in a box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah I was honestly expecting it to be a lot dirtier. Yeah probably. How many miles is on yours? Is there a reason you have a new pump? It honestly took me 30 mins to do everything.

Can anyone guess what I ordered? It will be here next week!

C88F3806-3354-4446-8551-1C1817927AE1.jpeg

Yeah I was honestly expecting it to be a lot dirtier. Yeah probably. How many miles is on yours? Is there a reason you have a new pump? It honestly took me 30 mins to do everything.
Just under 32k. I noticed some front wheel spin, slowmo, shortly after buying it and the pumps are pretty cheap. Evo X's had tons of issues with their ACD Pumps, that hang under the car, so I figured better safe than sorry.

I wish!

Just under 32k. I noticed some front wheel spin, slowmo, shortly after buying it and the pumps are pretty cheap. Evo X's had tons of issues with their ACD Pumps, that hang under the car, so I figured better safe than sorry.

I got you, yeah thats crazy how these awd systems work, Im not a big fan of them. I’ve seen some vids on YouTube, you would think you would get some sort of CEL when the pump is failing.. Yeah true better safe than sorry.

Some parts will arrive tomorrow and the downpipe will be installed tomorrow and then Im flashing the car stage 2 on Friday. We’ll see how far this build will go and see what 2020 has for me, I really want an Evo 8 or 9 or maybe a Type R.

Some parts will arrive tomorrow and the downpipe will be installed tomorrow and then Im flashing the car stage 2 on Friday. We’ll see how far this build will go and see what 2020 has for me, I really want an Evo 8 or 9 or maybe a Type R.

:rolleyes:

Don't go Type R. You can't go from something nice like the Audi to a Type R.. :giggle:

^ my exact thoughts..

Changes cars like he changes his drawers...

^ yes and it's not like this one is cheap. The Focus ST wasn't "that" expensive before he dropped all the mod money lol

I know I know, I may keep the audi and build an Evo 8 or 9 I’ve always wanted to have an Evo 8/9 since I was 15 lol I honestly want to experience what its like to have a 500hp+ Evo. We’ll see though. I know I’ll get one for sure though. @bootyluvr you don’t like the type R at all? Im not a big fan of the exterior but its grown on me, I like the interior though and the trunk space.

you don’t like the type R at all? Im not a big fan of the exterior but its grown on me, I like the interior though and the trunk space.

It screams boy-ricer to me. Just not a fan of it. I've seen it in person and it still doesn't do it for me.

Random Post. Was at the Shop yesterday and saw they pulled an engine out of an RS3. Piston decided it wanted a window and blew a hole through the block. Was allegedly Stage 1 Unitronic on E85. Looked like oil starvation. Think Audi wants something like $25k for a new block.

Random Post. Was at the Shop yesterday and saw they pulled an engine out of an RS3. Piston decided it wanted a window and blew a hole through the block. Was allegedly Stage 1 Unitronic on E85. Looked like oil starvation. Think Audi wants something like $25k for a new block.

:oops:

Yikes.

The feels when a block costs more than your entire ride...

[emoji1787]

You ready for Pops and Bangs?!

Im already getting some on downshift! I know it will be more once tuned.

that’s insane man! But yet again I expect those crazy number from audi, the dsg and haldex service I did myself saved me $1k from the dealership. Im pretty sure if they go aftermarket it can be cheaper and make better power, I wonder what caused the oil starvation?

Im already getting some on downshift! I know it will be more once tuned.

that’s insane man! But yet again I expect those crazy number from audi, the dsg and haldex service I did myself saved me $1k from the dealership. Im pretty sure if they go aftermarket it can be cheaper and make better power, I wonder what caused the oil starvation?
Probably a lack of oil changes. E85 slips past the rings and thins out the oil. The caps were pretty much purple so looks like everything got really hot.

Back