New Si Lover In NorCal

SCFast

Santa Cruz,CA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hi,
I just realized i have not done an introduction yet.I live in Santa Cruz,CA....Picked up my Si Navi Coupe in sunburst orange off the lot about 3 weeks ago. I traded in my 2007 WRX wagon which was my second WRX at 170k ( I drive Allllot for work) and made some money off my mods i stripped. I must say i am really loving my Si like the lines although it can stand some lowering,Love the engine i guess never having owned an high revving 8th gen gave me nothing to miss lol (altough i have driven them) peppy little car!
I have installed hybrid racing shifter bushings and have base bushings to install this weekend
Planned Mods will include Struts and springs (more than likely will go with the same setup as redsfan..Great choice),sways,Exhaust when more come to market,CAI more than likely injen,Flashpro with custom tune and tint and that will do it for my daily driver.
Snapped some pics of my dirty car in the rain nothing special lol
7012316209_dbb42789f6_z.jpg

more than a few wrx owners on the board. How would you compare your wrx to your new car?

The Si to me is just as fun to drive certainly feels more flickable and feels very planted and sure footed and competent in the turns....this is comparing to a modified and tuned wrx (i confess i cannot remember what a stock WRX feels like lol) I think after suspension which tends to be the most important to me and a few power mods i'll be saying WRWhat during autoX lol

lol be careful. There is at least one wrx owner here who really likes to autox :shhhh:

Well my best friend whom has 2 wrx's one being a fully prepped '02 with a 2.5 cosworth swap and the other an '06 STi is heavily into autoX and track and i get my "supportive" flak from him..lol

haha, and just like that -

I won three awards at the Rookie auto-x today. Won the Rookie Stock class PAX (11 cars), won fastest Rookie PAX and fastest (something else). (I heard) The only car straight up faster than me was a Lexus ISF and then people said not by much, but I can't confirm this.

LOL i have seen NA miata's win overall points for the season
And you have to remember theses are 2 different animals cannot really compare NA FWD to FI AWD directly..

Yep pricing is good right now i might be looking at a little stiffer spring 350/350 over the swift spec R specs though.

Thinking of going with an 8th gen spring, or waiting for more options?

IDK yet i am going to call redshift this week and discuss my options. I am not in a hurry only rush has to do with the length of the koni sale i believe it goes through may

I expect to have the new Invidia Exhaust waiting at my house when it is released..That will do

Back