Newest Kraze....

Plankingdog.jpg

eh-wot.jpg

62cb52e3-orig.jpg

073.jpg

gijoe020.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Amstel-Planking_1909243i.jpg

The craze of planking involves taking photos of people lying face down, their arms by their sides, in strange locations, and posting the pictures on Facebook and the site dedicated to planking www.iplanking.com, from where several of these images are taken. This photograph is titled the Amstel Plank

planking_1909234i.jpg

Planking, which has origins in other similar games around the world including "the lying down game" started in the north east of England, gained international notoriety on May 15, 2011 with the death of 20-year-old Acton Beale. Beale fell from a seven-storey apartment while planking on a balcony in Queensland, Australia.

Air-Cabin-Planking_1909247i.jpg

But the tragedy did little to decrease the popularity of planking. This is the Air Cabin Plank

Ellen-Page_1909232i.jpg

Some celebrities have got in on the act including Ellen Page and...

Kristen-Bell_1909231i.jpg

Actress Kristen Bell who posted this photo on Twitter of herself and boyfriend Dax Shephard planking

Max-Key-planking_1909101i.jpg

New Zealand Prime Minister John Key (background) with his son, Max

planking_1893660i.jpg

The Planking Australia page on Facebook has more than 10,000 supporters and includes hundreds of photographs of plankters

t_1905289i.jpg

The trend spread to Norway, Austria, Ireland, the United Kingdom and Taiwan (above) and last week planking was one of the most searched for terms on Google

pl_1905182i.jpg

Pujie Girls, Karren, right, and Jinyu, demonstrate planking at the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial, Taiwan

plank_1905168i.jpg

The Pujie Girls are Taiwan's best-known plankers, with almost 100,000 fans following them on Facebook

pl3_1905195i.jpg

The two girls are aiming to promote tourism in Taiwan, not just to China but to the world

plank4_1893791i.jpg

plank1_1893794i.jpg

readers-planking_1905547i.jpg

Telegraph reader Mary Haines of Hertford sent us this great planking picture, writing: "We spent the day doing Extreme Lying Down at various historic sites around Vienna. Got to the train station and couldn't pass up the opportunity of two escalators and several layers. So, Extreme Lying Down, Viennese style." If you have a photograph you'd like us to consider for a picture gallery, please email it to mypic@telegraph.co.uk, supplying a little info on where and how the picture was taken.

Article from: http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/08/rappe...is-brown-rosario-dawson-internet-crazy-prank/

Rapper Xzibit: 'Planking' Is RACIST!!!

7/8/2011 9:22 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

It's the latest craze taking over the Internet -- lying face down in bizarre places, stiff as wood -- but rapper Xzibit is leading a new charge AGAINST "planking" ... claiming the practice has RACIST roots.

0708-slave-ship-rosario-getty-jkl.jpg

Xzibit took to his Twitter recently, claiming, "Planking is THE dumbest sh*t ever. Planking was a way to transport slaves on ships during the slave trade, its not funny. Educate yourselves."

The rapper adds, "Dont get it twisted. I care less where your dumb asses lay face down and take pictures of the sh*t, I'm just telling you where it came from."

It's all probably news to Katy Perry, Demi Moore, Rosario Dawson (above), Chris Brown, and Justin Bieber -- who have ALL posted pics of themselves online ... looking board.

So we gotta ask ...

UPDATE: Xzibit just tweeted re: TMZ: "Wow. They are trying to make me the Al Sharpton of planking. #news?"

UPDATE: From TMZ: Yes, Al, news.

Xzibit doesn't want to see you plank while you plank. That will be against his motifs.

Back