Not my first civic...

Nice, I need to upgrade my clutch and brake lines. I have been slacking on performance upgrades. I'll probably do my lines when I get my shaft kit. Axion industries has a bundle deal with the SS lines, bushings, shifter and transmission fluid.

Here's some reference pics of what i did today. I'm gonna need new hoses all around. Clutch housing was full of metal shavings. Not sure if it was from me trying to pry it off. Looks like it was my oil pan gasket AND rear main seal that were leaking. Not substantial but enough to make a complete mess. I plan to get a moroso oil pan so that will fix the gasket and I already ordered a rms. Next up, i need to rent the crank pulley tool so I can start take the head off and really get into some fun stuff. I labeled all my bolt in baggies along with sensors and what not. IMG_3012.JPG IMG_3013.JPG IMG_3014.JPG IMG_3015.JPG IMG_3016.JPG IMG_3017.JPG I'm prolly gonna keep the crank pulley tool. I know I'm gonna be using it a lot in the future. :)

Now that looks like fun! I would be in heaven! But i do like to wrench for the sake of wrenching...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And here I thought I could maybe handle something like this when the chips were down. Mega Nope! Out of the older blocks, would you say the B-series is the most sought after?

And here I thought I could maybe handle something like this when the chips were down. Mega Nope! Out of the older blocks, would you say the B-series is the most sought after?

that’s a tough question but I would say it’s up there. There’s so many ways to answer that lol.

Stopped here atm. I have to get a star 10mm to take off the clutch and I need todo that to put on an engine stand. I also had to order bolts to mount the engine because 12x1.25 90mm bolts are impossible to find. Then I can start disassembling the block itself. I probably won’t touch it again for a couple weeks. Next weekends brakes on the si if they get here by then. 4FBD8B3D-2BB0-48F2-A32B-F183C59B6435.jpeg

Where did you order your brakes from? I got mine from procivic.com and they had fast shipping.

You could have a YouTube channel recording the disassembly & rebuild

Back