Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

yes - the knob comes off the 5sp as well as the 6sp

I haven't tried it on the 2012 5speed, but I would imagine it comes off in the same way as the 6spd.

I got a TWM stainless steel with an extender. Mines not an SI so the stock shift knob has this chrome-colored plasticthing thats more oval shaped and its pretty tight in the leather. After you unscrew the knob, theres really no other way to take it off the leather part besides cutting the zip-tie and pulling the plastic thing off as hard as you can. Thats what i did, then you just screw on whatever shift knob you got. I just forgot to put the zip-tie back on the inside!! lol

2012-11-05_16-24-52_166.jpg

As soon as the weather got a little cold, I hated holding the oem knob, which is a really nice item otherwise. Here's my most current choice. Doesn't get too cold, and warms up nicely in hand.

PICT0004.JPGPICT0005.JPG

I also have a red "ol school" that I am not using. May go on the block.
PICT0009.JPG

how did you adjust it so low ? looks really nice btw

Thanks. It's bottomed (or topped) out in the ball, which is hollow, and it's in 2d gear, which might make it look lower. It's somewhat lower than std, but not much more than @ 1/2" or so.

We're always curious to see what kinds of Shift Knobs people are rocking in their interiors; so don't be shy and post up a picture of YOUR shift knob!

After some research we've noted that our best seller for the 9th Gen Civic is the M1 Abrams in Gunmetal Finish.

www.twmshiftknobs.com

POST THEM UP!

If that shift boot was available for the 9th gen, I'd buy it in a minute.

IMG_0878.jpg

Thinkin about gettin the blox 490 knob. Had the TWM giant type R knob on my altima se-r but i dont think the threads are the same. Also is twm going to make a short shifter for our car? Or anybody?

Back