Official Orlando Chat Thread

Really, REALLY?!

Not_Obvious_Enough.jpg

well I mean I hear different things.. some say 06-11 is true dohc vtec using intake and exhaust cams. while the 9th only uses the intake cam. is this correct? "02civicsi": that's what these forums are for brother, no need to hate. do YOU know the answer?? It's not like it's common knowledge in the world. I'm new to civics in general so I don't know.

06-11 had vtec on both. 2012 is a different head design - only vtec on intake side.

So the iVTEC on the K24Z7 is a regression from the K20Z3? That's incredibly disappointing. Even Ford has variable valve timing now. I don't get why Honda would revert back to older technology in a newer car. Assholes.

Yea... sucks because you feel or hear no vtec at all.. i have full 3" exhaust and a c.a.i... still nothing.. quick car but vtec doesnt pop like my 2000 gsr integra i had.

ca1002%2094-01%20gsr-dyno.GIF

I'm not seeing a whole lot of movement in this 99 gsr integra dyno... not saying you didn't feel anything. Just seems odd there isn't more of a kick,.. if you say you felt it on your gsr.

I certainly felt it in my gsr and definitely HEARD it, as i'm sure anyone would say the same. I just think it's dissapointing to not feel or hear any of that when i grew up identifying Honda with that. Iv'e gone through the 2000 GSR and a 2002 S2000, and both had a great Vtec pop to it. This Civic is faster than the 8th gen and so on, so I guess it is a good trade off. But If I can stick a K20 head when flashpro's released, It's definitely worth a shot!

I don't need to hear or feel VTEC engage to be satisfied. Of course, the B series motors' VTEC engagement was a lot of fun; it felt and sounded awesome. However, it wasn't nearly as efficient as iVTEC, and I'm all about efficiency. I like a nice, linear torque curve rather than the nothing................................................................nothing..............................................................nothing.........................................................nothing...VTEC!!!!redline The S2000 was the absolute worst about this. There was absolutely nothing until 7k, then it was a swift kick in the *** for a whopping 2000rpm's. Fun car to drive, don't get me wrong. I love the usual Honda stuff, but I like that they went with an underbore, larger displacement engine for the new Si. The fact that they sacrificed the K20Z3 head and more advanced iVTEC without at least adding a tiny little turbocharger is pretty disappointing. I mean, the way this head is, paired with the underbore bottom end, it's like they made this engine to be turbocharged, just left it up to the consumer to put one on there and void their warranty. Still a great car, and I don't understand all the negative reviewing going on about it. It's, all around, a better car than the 8th Si was. I don't personally think it looks as cool and I really wish they would've either kept a high-revving, either overbore or matching bore and stroke, awesome-head-design, advanced variable valve timing, or done what they did with the Z7 just with a small turbo and a little boost. It'd take a little T3 maybe 8psi to make 260 or so horsepower and probably close to the same in torque. They could've done that and added $1500 to the price tag and cornered the market for that price range. I'm hoping that this WILL be another EP3 episode like everyone seems to be saying it is, because people hated that thing so much that it prompted them to come out with the 8th gen Si, which was WORLDS better than the EP3 (which, honestly, wasn't a bad little car at all). If they could improve upon the FG4/FB6 as much as the FG2/FA5 was an improvement over the EP3, holy **** that'd be a badass little car.

attention car enthusiasts of Central Florida..... once again, shoved back in the car scene a bit more thx to CT Engineering's magical parts. would like to extend an invite--especially to you 8thCivic & 9thCivic hermits--to join us at the Sonic Drive-In (just north of the 408 toll road on SR436 in Orlando), Saturday night for some good ole fashion chillin' -- expecting to see lots of CFBMW.org and Euros/VWs out there.

what say you, masses? :D

I'm tempted to drive down from Jacksonville. I have my daughter this weekend so it's probably not a good idea.

Back