Official Si 1/4 mile thread

9000 RPM

Brooklyn NY
Please list your
-Si variant (coupe/sedan)
-Modifications (any relevant ones)
-Approximate additional or less weight
-Timeslip (photo or specific break down of slip)

fritz- 14.38 (specs in post #53/71)
njhustler- 15.11 (specs in post #15/42)
9000 RPM- 15.17 (specs in post # 3/46)
James McTavish-15.23(specs in post #23)

First pass ever with this car.
variant-
sedan Si HPT

mods-
all stock, 500 miles on car.

weight removal-
floor mats
spare and spare accessories
rear 3 headrests
no license plates

additional weight-
1/2 tank of fuel

AD959E3C-1748-4907-A72C-0FEBDD1EDC83-4943-0000017B73DFA151.jpg

There's lots of room for improvement on this time. I went easy-ish on this pass being my first one to gain a feel. My second pass I went in harder and to my surprise the clutch didn't hold up to stock hp.

It slipped all of 3rd and even 4th when I I short shifted to gain speed. Disappointed with the stock clutch to say the least for now. I didn't do a 3rd pass.

Good luck with the runs! :woot:

I really wanna know how zeroto60times.com has our cars listed at a 14.5 1/4 mile time stock... everything I've been seeing out in the real world is mid 15s.

Did you have your stock tires set at a certain psi?

I really wanna know how zeroto60times.com has our cars listed at a 14.5 1/4 mile time stock... everything I've been seeing out in the real world is mid 15s.
I don't know about mid 14's stock but I was right at 15 flat and I suck at the light, also was slipping a little through 1st into 2nd. I'd say good driver, good air, and traction it's def a 14.9 or 14.8 stock car.

the car is definitely able to hit mid 14's

I'm not the greatest drag racer but at that I still haven't no lifted shifted it or banged gears at exactly 7100. this is with 2k ish rpm launches.

I have video will upload to youtube.

I don't know about mid 14's stock but I was right at 15 flat and I suck at the light, also was slipping a little through 1st into 2nd. I'd say good driver, good air, and traction it's def a 14.9 or 14.8 stock car.
look at my 60' times

lots of room for improvement.

also... my car today has only 1000 miles on it.

look at my 60' times

lots of room for improvement.

also... my car today has only 1000 miles on it.
Yeah she's still a baby, where are you racing at? Like what altitude. I'm at sea level basically, and I was racing in really good air nice and cool with low humidity.

Yeah she's still a baby, where are you racing at? Like what altitude. I'm at sea level basically, and I was racing in really good air nice and cool with low humidity.
Raceway Park Englishtown NJ I don't know their elavation though since I'm from Bensonhurst Brooklyn which is 3' above sea level lol.

Raceway Park Englishtown NJ I don't know their elavation though since I'm from Bensonhurst Brooklyn which is 3' above sea level lol.

I went there last nite. They had a 2 run special for 10 bucks. I am completely disappointed with my times. The car felt like it ran good until I saw my timeslips. I launched at 2300 on the first run and 3000 on the second one. No wheelspin or wheelhop. The car actually felt like it was struggling up top. She has 5400 miles on her and the oil was changed 400 miles ago. Stock tire pressure. Its weird because I believe that i am a pretty good driver that I could come close to what a stock si could run. 14.9-15.1 not a 15.7. Did I get a bootleg k24?. Nothing removed from car. Weight was 3130 with me in it. 82 F 43% humidity. Car has K&N intake.

Last edited:
Forgot to add my shamefull slips. I'm car 817.

Attachments

• Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Okay I race atco, nj. English town is not that high an elevation at all, but its really warm this time of year and humid so that def can affect you around here. Times usually get better as it gets later just because of temps cooling off. Once fall comes into play and temps drop you'll def see a diff, plus your engine will get worked in more, you'll be running 14's even without mods.

I
I went there last nite. They had a 2 run special for 10 bucks. I am completely disappointed with my times. The car felt like it ran good until I saw my timeslips. I launched at 2300 on the first run and 3000 on the second one. No wheelspin or wheelhop. The car actually felt like it was struggling up top. She has 5400 miles on her and the oil was changed 400 miles ago. Stock tire pressure. Its weird because I believe that i am a pretty good driver that I could come close to what a stock si could run. 14.9-15.1 not a 15.7. Did I get a bootleg k24?. Nothing removed from car. Weight was 3130 with me in it. 82 F 43% humidity. Car has K&N intake.
It's 15 to race all night at atco,nj it starts around 4-4:30 and goes until 10 or 11 due to sound curfew.

I updated post 1 with your info.

Stock the car def has no steam in 4th gear.

I'm a good driver too but the drag strip is a different beast altogether than the streets for whatever reason.

I will most likely go again this Wednesday and remove all my stuff again and go a bit harder on the shifts.

Okay I race atco, nj. English town is not that high an elevation at all, but its really warm this time of year and humid so that def can affect you around here. Times usually get better as it gets later just because of temps cooling off. Once fall comes into play and temps drop you'll def see a diff, plus your engine will get worked in more, you'll be running 14's even without mods.
I'll meet you out there, I've been. Not this coming week since I'll be going to etown but maybe the week after.

you're k20fritz from 8th right?

also throw a slip or a break down of the slip up so I'll add you to post 1 and any info on your car in the same post.

Back