Official Si 1/4 mile thread

2 runs so far , 15.7 and a 15.6. I'm soo disappointed. The car was still hot during the 2 runs. I'm going to wait until the car is cold before my last run.

The car got about an hour to cool off. I wanted to wait a little longer to let the car cool off more , but it was getting late. Here are my slips 1st run on the left , last on the right. Car 100. Here is the video I took , its on a iphone shoved into the gps holder so its not the best.

View: http://youtu.be/IzBvIBP0q28

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    549.9 KB · Views: 38
I noticed that this car does not like being hot , car felt so weak on the first 2 runs. My 3rd run had the best time launched at about 2400 rpm , stock tire pressure and spare tire removed from the vehicle. Had about 1/3 tank of gas. Race weight was 3063 with me in it. Oddly enough the car felt alot faster on the way home. It sat for about an 45 min after my last run and temps dropped about 5-6 degrees. Felt like a 14.9 car on the way home. I'm going to start looking into ways to drop engine temps. ie oil cooler , bolt on oil filter cooler , fan switch , thermal gaskets and possibly a higher cfm replacement fan.

Man, it was pretty hot today. Lol.

run 1 and run same 60' times only difference is temp and powershifting.

powershifting equals about .3 seconds I guess. I feel confident next time I run I will get 14.9-14.8 my last run(fastest one) I did a 2000 rpm launch and the car shows it likes 2300-2500 best with stock psi.

spare removed and my fuel range was less than 10 miles.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377147047.964219.jpg

run 1 and run same 60' times only difference is temp and powershifting.

powershifting equals about .3 seconds I guess. I feel confident next time I run I will get 14.9-14.8 my last run(fastest one) I did a 2000 rpm launch and the car shows it likes 2300-2500 best with stock psi.

spare removed and my fuel range was less than 10 miles.

View attachment 26310

Nice run , especially since your stock.. What time was this at?.

nice meeting you man

Good meeting you as well. Gonna have to meet up and do some more runs again. I'm also hunting for the 14.9 time. I saw your boy in the 8th gen run before I left. He ran a 13.9 with crazy 1st gear wheel spin. He needs slicks so badly.

I'm heading to atco tomorrow night if anyone is coming down let me know. I was there last Tuesday night and got in 7 runs but one of the gamblers cracked an oil pan slowing things up. I sucked last week though my best run was a 14.5 worst was a 14.9 and ran 14.6 for every other run. I can through up time slips tomorrow, they are in my glove compartment and I don't want to get up to get them. lol

Here are 4 of the runs, my number is 6658. The 14.7 run I was winning against a 2010 mustang cobra but I missed my shift from 3rd to 4th at the end lol, I think I would have had am awesome time to. It's like the fish that got away! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
I have this info in the other 1/4 time thread but my performance mods so far are. injen CAI, full race 3" down pipe and cat back exhaust, and flash pro (not done tuning yet) the temp was like 80 to start then got down into the high 70's but it was very humid. really crappy air basically. oh yeah, no spare tire, and I do have a carbon fiber hood, but my best run ever so far was 14.52 I think (I have to find the time slip or other thread) that was on CAI, cat back exhaust and flash pro base re-flash map with no spare tire, that was it.

where in bensonhurst are you from ???

I live in illinois now but i grew up there lived on 76th st and 18th ave went to shallow jr high and new Utrecht high...
i miss the old nieghborhood but not the same anymore .

where in bensonhurst are you from ???

I live in illinois now but i grew up there lived on 76th st and 18th ave went to shallow jr high and new Utrecht high...
i miss the old nieghborhood but not the same anymore .
75/21

not the same but the same at the same time.

it's Brooklyn :)

I just checked that thread it's not organized into one post to see what the times are and stuff how can people make sense of it.

Back