Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Over the weekend I clay-barred the Si. Never done that to a car before. What a difference! Then I used a DA buffer with Meguiar's Swirl X to get rid of all the spiderwebs, etc. Next, I used Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax, using the DA. Wow! Never used a buffer before. Made the work a lot easier. The CBP looks amazing again. Brought out all the different color metallics.

Just one problem. The polishing brought up some poor painting/clearcoating from the factory. It is so bad that Honda is going to repaint the entire hood under warranty. The rest of the car is fine and, as I was told, those hoods are painted separately, off the car, and other Civic owners have complained. Thank goodness the stone chips, scratches, etc. on the hood were bothering me every time I washed it. May 20, I can't wait. Three days and I get a loaner. I'll have a little curb rash taken care of too, under warranty!

Nice. You can definitely spray some 3M Defender for better protection from rock chips!

Installed FlashPro stock reflash, waiting for CAI/DP/cat-back for tune with VIT :)

I removed the wipers and wiper cowl trims. The trims are getting a restoration.
IMG_4103_zps8510d171.jpg

It just has a few scratches, nothing that anyone would notice but I know they are there
It would be kinda hard to fix scratches on plastic trims bc the surface is very rough. I'm only blackening the faded trims. The minor scratches will still be there.

I removed the wipers and wiper cowl trims. The trims are getting a restoration.
IMG_4103_zps8510d171.jpg
I have a 2004 Element with that grey side cladding. It looked like crap and various products brought it back for a month or so until, last summer, as a last ditch effort, I bought that As Seen on TV auto plastic restorer in the yellow packaging (Walmart). It was easy to use, and to this day, still looks great. I highly recommend it for anyone trying to bring back old plastic pieces.

I have a 2004 Element with that grey side cladding. It looked like crap and various products brought it back for a month or so until, last summer, as a last ditch effort, I bought that As Seen on TV auto plastic restorer in the yellow packaging (Walmart). It was easy to use, and to this day, still looks great. I highly recommend it for anyone trying to bring back old plastic pieces.
Picture of bottle please.

I did that on my fg2, I used black plasti dip as an experiment and it held up great. You'll have to let us know how long the rustoleum lasts.

I did that on my fg2, I used black plasti dip as an experiment and it held up great. You'll have to let us know how long the rustoleum lasts.
I didn't want to use Plastidip bc it's a larger piece with many holes, bumps, and inner edges that would be too annoying if I ended up peeling the dip off. So I figured that painting the trims would be a better choice. And yeah, I'll keep you guys updated. This shouldn't fade since it's paint.

I heard really good things about that product. Unlike other 'as seen on TV' gimmicks.

Back