Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Well done @Dar-Dar well done! Looks outstanding!
Very nice. I always liked the look of painted mud guards.
Thanks guys. I really wanted to get splash guards, but I didn't want it black. These unpainted usually fade over time too so it would look ugly later on. So I figured that paint matching would be a better idea. Also, I've seen these installed on a FG and for some reason, it doesn't fit exactly. It leaves odd gaps. So I'll put rubber weather stripping so it will fit snug and hide the weird gaps.
image.php

I think I can buy a HFP front lip and paint it myself. :giggle: It might be too ballsy and I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks guys. I really wanted to get splash guards, but I didn't want it black. These unpainted usually fade over time too so it would look ugly later on. So I figured that paint matching would be a better idea. Also, I've seen these installed on a FG and for some reason, it doesn't fit exactly. It leaves odd gaps. So I'll put rubber weather stripping so it will fit snug and hide the weird gaps.
image.php
I really might do this as well! It looks way better painted!

Funny you mention the gaps. The ones on my 12 had gaps which always bugged me. The ones on my 13 were already installed when I bought the car and they sit flush. Maybe you won't need the weatherstripping.

I really might do this as well! It looks way better painted!
Definitely!
Funny you mention the gaps. The ones on my 12 had gaps which always bugged me. The ones on my 13 were already installed when I bought the car and they sit flush. Maybe you won't need the weatherstripping.
I'll get the weatherstripping just in case. It's like $7 on amazon. :giggle: But I will do a test fitment beforehand.

I ended up letting these cure for 3 days instead. Lol. So much for it being a full week. :giggle:

1500 grit wetsand. Orange peel. :bleh:
IMG_4315.JPG

3000 grit
IMG_4317.JPG

Did a little testing with a microfiber cloth and M105.
IMG_4320.JPG IMG_4321.JPG IMG_4323.JPG

Finished product. The splash guards are sprayed with 3M Paint Defender and I put weather strips (which shouldn't be hard to remove if I end up not liking them).

Fronts:
IMG_4346.JPG
Rear:
IMG_4347.JPG

I'll install them sometime next week to let the paint and 3M defender fully cure.

I don't know how you have the patience for all that. I would've sprayed them one day with just 2 coats of paint, and installed them the next day
I don't really have all that patience. Fronts are installed. :giggle: The rears will be installed once I spray paint defender on the rear bumper. I can't do it today since I'm fixing up the paint chips on the hood and it will be sprayed with 3M defender.
IMG_4400_zps2f17656a.jpg

Looks great! They definitely do change the look of the car.

Back