Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

7d72f39799a0478b6ada658d78694d5e.jpg

4f8a49befd0b0dda2820b78546b692f0.jpg

I got fairly cheap tires, uniroyal 215/45zr17 anyone run these? They r all season, a friend with a tire shop put them on for 450. Good deal? I run the car 70+ miles a day

Well I did my first autocross today, I was impressed by the Si. I was running times beating some v8's. Power doesn't seem to matter there. I was beating a challenger r/t and my dads camaro consistently. Often by more than a second. Tires seemed more important than power.

Reactions: Nix
The power band in the Si beat the v8's by far. The lighter cars with less power dominated the high powered cars. I learned a lot from the instructors. It was a scca organized event.

I was beat consistently by a wrx and a couple miatas. I was running times a vette was running. The v8's were spinning and my Si was grabbing and ran comparable times

Awesome to hear! I think you'll be shocked if you pick up a set of actual high performance tires. Especially the ones that are rated very highly for autocross.

Put these into the project car yesterday

Ktuned adjustable shifter
bf6e975671d48b88a5b6c57929bf63f6.jpg

S2k clutch master cylinder and braided line.
1af45c4fbe0e4c98e7caf8ad2615bd9b.jpg

And then this bad boy is waiting to go in. Syncrotech rebuilt d series tranny with Carbon syncros and mfactory lsd.
cb3b9b56c6fe549eec0f8ac251a28cdc.jpg

Awesome to hear! I think you'll be shocked if you pick up a set of actual high performance tires. Especially the ones that are rated very highly for autocross.

I recently switched from the stock Continental All Season tires to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The difference in handling is amazing! Steering feel, cornering, even the ride and road noise is much better.

I recently switched from the stock Continental All Season tires to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The difference in handling is amazing! Steering feel, cornering, even the ride and road noise is much better.
How much? I wanted to find great tires but I drive too much, and the whole deal with the tpms makes a second set of wheels too expensive. I recently bought winter tires and will have to pay to have them switched twice a year.

I just did my first autocross and realized how awful all season tires perform. I dont really have time to do them very often, so I am debating the next tire purchase. My real problem is remodeling my house[emoji17], so much money. The house is a priority tho

The Michelins go for about $200 a tire right now. Most max performance summer tires would be around the same price too. If you could swing that with your next tire purchase, you won't regret it though. But I think any summer tire would perform better than an all season tire for autocross. I am no expert on tires by any means, just my opinion.

I bought my 245/40/17 supersports for around $550 shipped. There are deals that come and go.

Back