Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Subaru has shitty paint also.

Any rubbing from being lowered now?

Yeah I’ve seen them up close they look pretty bad also, I am surprised the see how nice the quality of paint is in my wife’s VW Atlas, I don’t see a single swirl or anything, I think if I could go back I would buy a new GTI or a semi used Golf R.

No rubbing at all, even though im tucking some tire (~2.5” drop”) but remember my fenders are rolled and front are semi pulled.

Yeah I’ve seen them up close they look pretty bad also, I am surprised the see how nice the quality of paint is in my wife’s VW Atlas, I don’t see a single swirl or anything, I think if I could go back I would buy a new GTI or a semi used Golf R.

No rubbing at all, even though im tucking some tire (~2.5” drop”) but remember my fenders are rolled and front are semi pulled.

VW has always had good paint in my opinion. The lovely Tornado Red my ‘01 Audi was painted in looked better even after a rough 14 years, than the paint on my Civic did new. God I miss that car....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VW has always had good paint in my opinion. The lovely Tornado Red my ‘01 Audi was painted in looked better even after a rough 14 years, than the paint on my Civic did new. God I miss that car....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’re completely right! My brother had an 02 GTI (silver) the same time I had my 08 civic (also silver) and I can tell you that his paint looked and felt alot better than mine even though his car was 6 years old at the time and mine was about 1 year old... Those audi’s are nice Im a big fan of the older body styles.

Toyota, Ford, Mazda and GM are all now using "metallic water-borne" paints instead of "organic-solvent paints" in an effort to reduce the amount of volatile organic compounds (VOC) produced by each new car.
- ^ that was in 2006.

a lot of the newer paints tend to be softer, or just less durable compared to the older paints.

I cleaned my MAP sensor and MAF sensor. Tomorrow, try to figure out how to clean under the MAP sensor. The hole where you place the MAP sensor is full of carbon build up.

How did you do that?

This^^^^ mine have always shot more water on the roof than the windshield lol
You can take a needle or a pen and stick it in the sprayer hole and push it in the direction it needs to be adjusted and you'll feel it click. My passenger side is still a bit high, but I've lowered it as low as it can go. At least I can it it not as bad as it was.

Back