Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Decided to take off two more decals today for a more clean look. I will say that trying to take off decals in a freezing cold garage while on crutches is a lil hard to do lol.

just a few small things today.

1488067_10152109044427442_553293174_n.jpg

My new favorite decal
1425539_10152109044357442_922988718_n.jpg

Im working on two wheels at a time. One has the paint stripped and getting the curb rashes filled. And the other is getting paint stripped.
IMG_2614_zps47f3512d.jpg

IMG_2615_zps64af4a85.jpg

I'll resand the wheels with 150 grit before priming.

I want to get these done quick so I can mount the winter tires before the next snowfall.

Im working on two wheels at a time. One has the paint stripped and getting the curb rashes filled. And the other is getting paint stripped.
IMG_2614_zps47f3512d.jpg

IMG_2615_zps64af4a85.jpg

I'll resand the wheels with 150 grit before priming.

I want to get these done quick so I can mount the winter tires before the next snowfall.
What are you using to strip the paint?

What are you using to strip the paint?
Rustoleum Auto Stripper. It comes in a can like the one shown in the 2nd pic. You'll find one on Autozone or any auto parts store. When you use this, try to pour the paint stripper on a metallic container since it will eat through any other material, like plastic. Lol. What I do is just dip the paint brush in the can since Im too lazy. :giggle: It gives a burning feeling when it touched my skin. Rinsing with cold water helps.

Rustoleum Auto Stripper. It comes in a can like the one shown in the 2nd pic. You'll find one on Autozone or any auto parts store. When you use this, try to pour the paint stripper on a metallic container since it will eat through any other material, like plastic. Lol. What I do is just dip the paint brush in the can since Im too lazy. :giggle: It gives a burning feeling when it touched my skin. Rinsing with cold water helps.

Just like Aircraft Remover, it will eat anything in sight lol and it burns like a *****. Although Aircraft Remover isn't as bad as it used to be...

Just like Aircraft Remover, it will eat anything in sight lol and it burns like a *****. Although Aircraft Remover isn't as bad as it used to be...
Where can I get this aircraft remover? This auto stripper is pretty weak when the temp is cooler.

Where can I get this aircraft remover? This auto stripper is pretty weak when the temp is cooler.

The Autozone near my house sells the spray can of it and sometimes carries a jug or two (1qt or 1gal). Some stores, like VIP (at least the one near my house), won't sell it due to the amount of chemicals in it. Wal-Mart used to carry it, haven't checked if they still do. Amazon sells it and they're always in stock :D

When I run out of paint stripper, I'll get a can of the tougher paint eater! It's a handy item.

When I was painting my valve cover, I put the paint stripper in a Solo cup and I made a mess. :rotfl: The cup was destroyed. Luckily, it was outside outside the house when it happened.

Back