Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Had to re do the wiring for the right side turn signal on the hatch. I didn't like how I routed it. Had it going through a slit I made in the washer grommet in the first picture then through a grommet in the center of the hatch. I was afraid it would leak water so I extended the wires and ran it through the left side like I should have.

Applied some black rtv on the washer grommet. Should be water tight now.
1000000253.jpg1000000254.jpg1000000255.jpg

New headlamps ; makes one hell of a difference

Back to original grille; With red emblem (dont think ill go back to the “carbon” one

new lip (i dont like it much but it felt naked without one) ; my old one broke off however ordered another one and will have that paint matched

6FB7F538-2BC7-4417-98CF-4D0E6E521E40.jpeg
5733A378-16CF-4149-8157-403CC031ADFE.jpeg

Last edited:
Fair enough. Not a fan of that lip either. I find the 9th gens don't have many nice lip options.

Nicely done! I haven’t seen anyone else show that kind of wear on the buttons like that. I’m slightly amazed honestly. Wheel looks great

indeed. no way i was going to put on a brand new steering wheel with faded buttons lol. the whole panel was $100 from Honda /:

I’ve got a wrap scheduled for the second week of August. I’ve spent the past couple of weekends filling and sanding small dings and dents. I now need to find out, will make a call on Monday, whether or not wrap will adhere to new and unpainted bumpers.

adhere to new and unpainted bumpers.
highly suggest you do not apply a wrap to new paint. I saw someone remove a wrap on youtube that destroyed their paint job. The previous owner wrapped it shortly after it was painted, and when the new owner removed the wrap it pulled up a ton of paint. They had to have the whole car repainted. It was a disaster.

highly suggest you do not apply a wrap to new paint. I saw someone remove a wrap on youtube that destroyed their paint job. The previous owner wrapped it shortly after it was painted, and when the new owner removed the wrap it pulled up a ton of paint. They had to have the whole car repainted. It was a disaster.
Yeah, there wouldn’t be enough time to let it cure. From what I’ve gathered, regarding urethane bumpers, you have to scrub the heck out of them with Ajax and a Scotch Brite Pad in order to promote adhesion. Believe shops won’t warranty work on unpainted or repainted panels but that’s ok.

I’ve got a wrap scheduled for the second week of August. I’ve spent the past couple of weekends filling and sanding small dings and dents. I now need to find out, will make a call on Monday, whether or not wrap will adhere to new and unpainted bumpers.
So what did you do? What did they say?

So what did you do? What did they say?
I sent the Owner a couple of pictures of how my car is currently sitting. Said it shouldn’t be a problem. They’ve done a few rough cars in the past. I’ll attach pictures of an Evo VIII that was even worse than mine.
IMG_2052.png
IMG_2051.png
Also, here’s the wrap color I’m going with. 3M Ember Gloss Black
70801158044__4CB87BD1-34AE-491F-9167-2EF893E3B48E.jpeg

Oh, yeah. The alternator went out on me a few days back. Swapped it out last night. What a nightmare of a job. Can’t drop it out the bottom without pulling an axle and can’t pull it out the top without removing/moving AC Lines or the Fuel Rail.

Oh, yeah. The alternator went out on me a few days back. Swapped it out last night. What a nightmare of a job. Can’t drop it out the bottom without pulling an axle and can’t pull it out the top without removing/moving AC Lines or the Fuel Rail.
This was on a Civic or your GTI?

Saw on your SnapChat story or some story. Damn :-/

Back