ok...here is a weird question for anyone who loves to do mods

scott

New York
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
coupe
I am 6'1", have the seat all the way down, back adjusted so I slightly lean back a bit.... but I still seem to brush up against the head liner at the low point of the liner towards the back where it dips for the sunroof opening.

It's not bad just a little annoying so I thought if anyone else had this problem and was able to figure out a way to bend or modify that area in such a way as to gain even 1/2 inch.

I feel your pain but (being realistic) did you test drive the car before you bought it? I also am taller (6') and know there are a bunch of cars I just won't fit in comfortably (inc. headroom )

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

Wow that sucks. Robert is the same height and he was just short in the 8th. On bumps he used to hit I think LOL

sounds like you need to click the seat back another notch or 2...

yes, I sometimes "brush" the top when I hit a bump too but it's more annoying then a real problem.... maybe I do need a haircut :confused:

If I move the seat back any more I will be driving "ganster style"...LOL

The liner does have some play, so I thought I would talk with my friend that does custom work to see if he can come up with something... I'll keep you all posted.

Should have paid more attention when I sat in the 9th. So sitting normal, your head is hitting the liner in front of the sun roof?

8th owners-was it that way too, or was your head below the sunroof glass?

Was your head more or less under the glass though?

I snapped a photo of you driving today... I see that you do have an issue

marmaduke-is-so-cool.jpg

this is turning into a very funny thread! :rotfl:

To answer webbys question, the low spot where I hit is the dip in the liner by the back of the sunroof cutout.

Back