ok...here is a weird question for anyone who loves to do mods

If we fuse your spine that could work. Reportedly people lose height as the sine is condensed.

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

Kenny_G.jpg

quite curly too
"feel the wind through my hair"

Hell i'm only 5'11 and i have bumped my head twice on the headliner when hitting a bump.Taking the Si on her maiden autocross this weekend and i am worried my helmet will not fit ...I really should check that.Never happened in my rex's.

Robert is 6'1" and wore a helmet in his 8th on Road Atlanta.
Not sure how different the clearance is on the 9th though...

would there be any way to modify the seat frame to drop you lower? I've not looked at the rails, or how much room there is under the seat.

There is a fair amount of room under the seat i would say 3 to 4in but the limiting factor is the rails.

2011 civic EX front head room = 37.8
2012 civic EX front head room = 37.7

Not much difference, but without the sunroof both years are 38.1

My RSX had plenty of headroom, but the sunroof opened "up and over" the outside roof where the civics open inside. oh well ... damn headliner!

Weren't there some aftermarket seat rails for the 8th called "low-boys" or something like that to mount the seat lower? I know king motorsports has the buddy club ones. Its a direct fit for the car but I don't know if they bolt up to the stock seat. Worth sending them a message. Only $160 too. Not bad for something from those guys.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-3900-buddy-club-super-low-down-seat-rails.aspx

Now has anyone to date put aftermarket buckets in?
Is it even possible with the side air bags?
If i could dissconect that harness without triggering error srs messages i'd be all over that,
if i whack my head on a bump one more time (mumbles under his breath angerly)

Last edited:
I'm 6'2 and some, I cannot fit well in the drivers seat. Still much better than the old minivan I learned to drive on, and a few SUVs I've had since (since even though I don't fit, I can at least see the stoplights without craning my neck).

Funny thread... I never had rubbing on my 8th...but the 9th gen my head rubs top... I pulled back the moon roof cover problem solved till summer.
Would be nice for lower rails

I think u all should ride "gangster style" with the seat clicked back. That's how my bf drives my car, he's 6'. No rub at all. He even wears a hat.

I'll try it out for long drives, though I must have the shortest arm:torso ratio allowable, since I have trouble with that. Oh, well. It could always be worse :)

Last edited:
2011 civic EX front head room = 37.8
2012 civic EX front head room = 37.7

Not much difference, but without the sunroof both years are 38.1

My RSX had plenty of headroom, but the sunroof opened "up and over" the outside roof where the civics open inside. oh well ... damn headliner!

I bought an LX since I like headroom... and I have had a sunroof in the past. I will pass on them as long as the AC works well. I am just under 6 feet, and my brother who bought one is just over, and neither of us has an issue driving the LX model. I could just fit a hand between my head and the headliner on the EX model I tried.

Back