Pauly's "You're my boy Blue!"

it's new name is tron! Seriously awesome man. Next... LEDs pointing down at the ground? When you open your door, it'd shine down to light the area around your car.

Cool thanks ,I'm just worried about breaking the clips on the door panels I'm going to do it when I upholster my door panels it should look good , I look forward to seeing your DIY pics

Cool thanks ,I'm just worried about breaking the clips on the door panels I'm going to do it when I upholster my door panels it should look good , I look forward to seeing your DIY pics
I didn't take the door panels off. Check out the DIY ....link is 5 posts before this one.

The lights look really cool... question... where did you get the rubberized matts for the console storage area and the door storage areas? I would really like to get some... Thanks

Thanks! Check out post #29 in this thread. (The #'s are located beside the "Like" button)

Well, I updated the DIY with my new lighting pattern, so I guess I should do it here too. I wanted to tone it down a bit and make the light pattern have a more controlled look.
I just added a tiny piece of black duct tape on the top of the bulb to stop light going upwards.

BEFORE
P1010734.JPG
AFTER TAPE
P1010744.JPG

P1010740.JPGP1010741.JPG

Now, I am considering adding one last bulb in the cup holder then Tron will be finished.... ha ha. Just awaiting DIY..... ;)
ADExternal
ethlar

Last edited:
Well, I updated the DIY with my new lighting pattern, so I guess I should do it here too. I wanted to tone it down a bit and make the light pattern have a more controlled look.
I just added a tiny piece of black duct tape on the top of the bulb to stop light going upwards.

BEFORE
View attachment 10962
AFTER TAPE
View attachment 10963

View attachment 10964View attachment 10965

Now, I am considering adding one last bulb in the cup holder then Tron will be finished.... ha ha. Just awaiting DIY..... ;)
ADExternal
ethlar

Both before and after look great Tron. Haha!!! Nice work.

Looks good man. No footwell, or under seat lighting planned?

Last edited:
Bought from eBay (link below). They are available in red and AP (AlienPrime) is rockin' a few. You can check his build thread. Only recently became available in blue. Be patient if you order them, they took a while to get. Most of them fit, but there is one significant one that does not so I:ll give you the run down (2012 LX sedan).

Front tray : Yes, same shape, but smaller than tray size. I just centered it and think it looks great. It says 2.0 L though. Too small to see however.
front Lower doors: Good fit
front upper door handles: Good fit
Rear upper door handles: Good fit
Rear lower doors: Fits, but has small gap at front. Doesn't bother me at all.
Inside armrest console: Good fit
Drink holder: Here is the problem. No mat for this so I used 2 of the extra mats (?) and cut and made one. If you look closely you will see the lines where I cut, but hardly noticeable. Looks good.

Right here....
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/12-PCS-Non-S...&_uhb=1#ht_4511wt_922&clk_rvr_id=444385070211

View attachment 9333View attachment 9334View attachment 9335View attachment 9336

Got mine today. They look awesome. I have two extra that I'll have to figure out what to do with. Maybe I'll do something with the cup holder like yours.

Got mine today. They look awesome. I have two extra that I'll have to figure out what to do with. Maybe I'll do something with the cup holder like yours.
Me too...happy with them.
Here's how I did my cup holder with the left overs.
mats 2   .JPG

Last edited:
Back