Pauly's "You're my boy Blue!"

^^

Grandma called she wants her fabric back.:wink1:

You need this
BrideMaterial.jpg

http://www.more-japan.com/bride-fabric-blue-hyper-inner-cushion-material-100cm-x-155cm.html

I'm still looking for the right colours and pattern. Not feeling this "hound's tooth" pattern either.

image.jpg

I should have taken before pictures. These things were filthy. Probably never properly washed since he had them. Such a build up of brake dust. Cleaned, polished and waxed. I still need to do tiny touch ups here and there and fix a small patch on the top right wheel.

image.jpg

image.jpg

:excited: Going to bus station to pick up two 20 mm spacers that I'll be putting on the rears.
I'm keeping the 15 mm spacers for the front.

I put on the 20 mm spacers on the rear today. Noticeable change in negative camber. I'm sure if it'in spec now. Looks like I may need to find some camber arms.

Last edited:
Today I learned to not let let polish dry on your car. What a pain to get off!
I prepared a section of the car and then had to leave it to attend to some family matter. Kind of forgot about it and when I finally came back it had dried into a hazy film that was extremely difficult to buff off.

Arms sore?
Exactly! Damn, I had to put so much pressure to get that dried film off. Yes, it was baked on by the sun on top of it all. Ugh...
I used Maguairs Ulitmate Compound (which is a much more forgiving polish) for the rest of the car. After I got all the old, fried on polish off and finished the car I waxed it too. No exaggeration, I must have spent at least 4 hours buffing today. I wonder what the neighbors were thinking when they drove by me at different times during the day and I was still there wiping my car. :screwy:
She's looking great though. Well worth the effort.

Last edited:
I've never tried it but I heard that using a quick detailer will help with baked on wax or polish.

I got mine polished and waxed yesterday too. We're finally getting some good weather for it. Oh. And don't worry about the neighbours. Between decontaminating, polishing, and waxing I think I was up to almost 6 hours in the end.

Back