Please help with aftermarket head unit

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
my wife has a 2013 civic EXL.

We purchased a pioneer avh 4800 head unit. It sounds GREAT and everything works. BUT when I call her the speakers have a crackling notice while it finds and while on the call on her end(in the car).

We thought it was the head unit and bought another. Same issue. Tried a 4500 head unit and same issue. (3 head units)

My question is has anyone encountered this problem? I took it to Best Buy and they are researching what it could be. Says it's a straight forward install and not sure why. What do you guys suggest? I'm in NJ and they are will it to refund me the funds but I really want my wife's bday giift to work.

Please hep with ideas.

Btw- Bluetooth streaming sounds great as well. It's only when my wife gets a call or calls people. The tweeters sound like they are maxed out on gain level and you hear 80% static cracking notice along with their voice and ring (when she is getting an incoming call.)

Last edited:
Yes they radio has its own Bluetooth and mic. With her stock Bluetooth, she did have a straight ring noise when she would call me. Honda said its fine because we weren't able to duplicate it. We are thinking that's what's causing the problem but then again pioneer has its own mic. Idk. Pretty Bumbed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what phone does your wife have? where is the mic located?
try pairing another phone to the head unit and try making a call and see if it still happens. if it does then something is wrong somewhere, otherwise its the phone

after pairing with new phone and still happens, try moving the mic, it may be picking up noise from the speakers

This got me annoyed. Anyway my wife was planning on buying out her lease as it was over in 2 months. As it turned out, my wife is expecting our next baby so we decided to say f#$ it, and purchased a new MDX SH-AWD. That car is amazing and she loves it... best of all, it has XM, navigation and HD radio. What she wanted from the get go. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back