possibly damaged transmission/check TPMS sensor code

kseriescivic

Today I needed to go somewhere so I go to start my car and my battery is dead. I'm lazy and a dummy so instead of turning my car around to push start I just roll it backwards and try to throw it in reverse (I know reverse is dog cut, but tried anyways). Huge horrible grinding, so I turn the car around, push, and start driving in 1st gear like I should've done....

When I go to shift into 2nd gear my stomach drops, it's super mushy and I'm thinking damn I just screwed up my synchros or something else. I keep driving and 1st, 3rd, 5th all feel fine with no grinding. 2nd, 4th, 6th and reverse are mushy as hell but no grinding or funny business. They just feel like a really long, mushy throw. So, now I think I may have just stretched my shifter cables. Anyone can give some insight I'd appreciate it.

Also my I-mid says check tpms but not like usual when my tires are low. So I think one of the sensors are bad.

Car is a 2012 civic si

Thanks!

I've seen people say they've done it in reverse, but they had the car in reverse when they were pushing it. They just popped the clutch. You went from neutral into reverse while it was moving backwards?

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/shifter-cables-going-out.13099/
when you have 2,4,6 or 1,3,5 having issues, you likely have shifter cable issues.

I'd also drain your manual trans fluid and get any metal shavings or junk out of there asap.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-manual-transmission-fluid-change.7098/
Get honda MTF specifically. There is a difference proven from lab analysis on various used fluids.

Yes I was I neutral than tried to go to reverse quick...it was a terrible idea. I actually read that thread after I made my post. I always use Honda Mtf. I emailed hybrid racing about their 8then cables so if they fit I'll buy them. Thanks webby

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This happened quite awhile ago. Found some used cables to fix my stretched ones, and the check tpms sensor code was because a sensor broke off and was flapping around the wheel and tire. Replaced the tires, broken sensor and all is good now.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

This happened quite awhile ago. Found some used cables to fix my stretched ones, and the check tpms sensor code was because a sensor broke off and was flapping around the wheel and tire. Replaced the tires, broken sensor and all is good now.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
Just got done putting new shifter cables in. Car shifts like new now and was a fairly easy install. Using a lift makes it easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Back