Post up your fish tanks/aquariums!

Cool those are neat little frogs.
yeah...I know I have about a 1% chance of any of them making it too... :banghead:

Scooped them from my Dad's tank today..and rescued two newly born mollies also lol

Last edited:
Okay...this issue in the tank is not "technically" algae. Definitely not. Over the weekend it has basically covered my tank. It's "blue/green algae" aka Cyanobacteria

Okay...this issue in the tank is not "technically" algae. Definitely not. Over the weekend it has basically covered my tank. It's "blue/green algae" aka Cyanobacteria
Blue/green algae can usually be defeated by adding current to the lower and upper levels in the tank. The chemical maracyn works as well but is pricey and kills you bb (beneficial bacteria). Try adding current to those spots and remove as much of the algae as possible.

I just removed all the plants and rocks from the tank and hand scrubbed them...then did a 5gal water change after sucking up as much crap from the crushed coral as possible. Turned the filter to high power and yeah. I'm going to look into a small power head or something. Robert didn't think i'd need one, but I think it might be okay

Awww how big is he now?

Yeah :\ Filter is on high in the middle of the tank to disperse everything. It's growing like crazy
He is tiny maybe 2.5 inches.
You can try a black out in the tank. You will have to cover all the glass with black garbage bags and put a dark lid on the tank. The key is keeping the lights out to kill off the algae. You can keep it covered for 5 days total and do a large water change after, don't for get to remove as much of the algae as possible during the water change.

Last edited:
He is tiny maybe 2.5 inches.
You can try a black out in the tank. You will have to cover all the glass with black garbage bags and put a dark lid on the tank. The key is keeping the lights out to kill off the algae. You can keep it covered for 5 days total and do a large water change after, don't for get to remove as much of the algae as possible during the water change.
Trust me they don't need the light. You would be surprised on what it looks like.

Trust me they don't need the light. You would be surprised on what it looks like.

oh boy. It'd probably break my heart more than theirs LOL

I did find some still areas in the tank though. I was looking at powerheads and stuff but that is all so new to me. What do you recommend for a 29gal?
Although some things that are being blasted by the water from the filter are getting covered :pat:

In good news, the fish seem in good spirits.

oh boy. It'd probably break my heart more than theirs LOL

I did find some still areas in the tank though. I was looking at powerheads and stuff but that is all so new to me. What do you recommend for a 29gal?
Although some things that are being blasted by the water from the filter are getting covered :pat:

In good news, the fish seem in good spirits.
Hydor Koralia 1 should work just fine.

Gotcha..yeah that says discontinued...amazon is supposedly giving out the nano and not the 1 :rotfl:
hmm but 400 gph is good enough?

Back