PRL Motorsports Turbo Kit

Got the clutch out and just wanted to show the difference between the 8th and 9th gen flywheel. You need to use the 8th gen flywheel with Competition Clutch due to the suposed CEL issue. You can see the major difference in step height, one is inverse from the other. We did weigh them too, 16lbs on both ... same weight give or take, our scale rounds to the nearest pound.

9th gen on left
557631_527027833993093_753931875_n.jpg

9th gen on right
30976_527028110659732_707029463_n.jpg

Here are a few more comparison pics, 9th gen on left ...

8792_527140053981871_239282871_n.jpg

578990_527140073981869_778710811_n.jpg

You need to use the 8th gen flywheel with Competition Clutch due to the suposed CEL issue.

this came up in another thread and I talked to doug at hondata about it - as there were users looking to use different flywheels. The cel topic came up, and I thought flashpro could get rid of the cel. It can

hondata said:
It contains the reflash calibration, large injector calibrations, and it can switch off the misfire codes associated with light flywheels.
Doug

well, i guess i should say, you have to use an OEM 8th gen flywheel if you don't have flashpro. you can use a lightened 8th gen flywheel if you do have flashpro, at least according to doug, who i would assume knows. regardless either way, they don't have a clutch that fits the 9th gen flywheel or a lightened 9th gen flywheel yet.

That is true. I was just mentioning it in case you were not aware of flashpro being able to remove the misfire codes.

Time for some new rubber.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm....I'm really considering doing 4.5 psi un-intercooled or perhaps getting a side mount intercooler. How much would removing the intercooler and associated piping affect costs? Also, where would the bov be located if that was removed? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with turbo setups, but given the fact that the motor runs so well with a lower amount of boost, I may forgo a s/c and go straight to turbo.

Hmmmm....I'm really considering doing 4.5 psi un-intercooled or perhaps getting a side mount intercooler. How much would removing the intercooler and associated piping affect costs? Also, where would the bov be located if that was removed? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with turbo setups, but given the fact that the motor runs so well with a lower amount of boost, I may forgo a s/c and go straight to turbo.
I would not recommend running the kit without an intercooler. Talk about a ton of heat to deal with (it'll cut into power gains pretty badly)

Back