ProCivic projector matte black LED headlights

ssikpiyelnats

Bradenton, FL
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
I cannot recommend that anyone purchase these headlights if they're looking for high output!

The headlights have a decent amount of light output, but due to the quality of the projector lenses, the beam pattern is scattered all to hell.

HEADLIGHTSSUCK_zpsd1157716.jpg

Got my new headlights today and installed them, which was made easier due to me working at Goodyear and having access to a lift.

I'll try and get some pictures tonight, and add them to this thread so you can see how they look.

*******IMPORTANT INFO FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO GET HEADLIGHTS LIKE THIS!!********

I was unaware that the new headlights use an H1 bulb, rather than our stock 9006. I had already installed an HID kit months before I bought these headlights, and had to go to the store and get new bulbs to fit the housing. The new headlights come with halogen H1 bulbs, but I wanted the HID bulbs obviously.

So if you have an HID kit prior to buying these headlights, YOU WILL NEED TO BUY H1 BULBS to replace your current HID setup.

Current lighting setup:

ProCivic LED Projector Matte Black headlights
Cree LED turn signals
Nokya yellow fog lights
8K 55w Slim ballast H1 HIDS

IMG_20130911_110334_zps8eb57a3a.jpg

IMG_20130911_111447_zpsd98e2ba7.jpg

IMG_20130911_140336_zps688edb7d.jpg

IMG_20130911_141431_zpscd424fa8.jpg

IMG_20130911_151922_zps66fbbabf.jpg

IMG_20130911_160009_zpsc661d64a.jpg

Last edited:
What do they look like with the stock h1 halogen bulbs? Part of the problem is that the reflector bowls are made for halogen lights, not hid. The light pattern off a hid bulb is totally different from a halogen. I would imagine the halogen bulb would produce a better beam pattern, but that is not a guarantee. Pics of that?

UPDATED OP! I don't recommend these after seeing them in person at night. :(
Sucks man. They look really good during the day though!

I think another member on here, I think his username is "323" also has these headlights, and he had success with them. Look him up, maybe he can give you tips on adjusting it somehow?

Webby, I don't really want to run halogens. Besides, I destroyed the bulbs cutting them out of the housing.

@323 what do yours look like?

I received an email from ProCivic after I installed the HIDs, about how to align the beam
It seems easy enough, I just haven't gotten around to doing it

IMG_1337.JPG IMG_1336.JPG

@webby this might interest you
@ssikpiyelnats

Adjustment abilities are nice, but I think he's referring to the upward flare on the right - "lighting people up when I pass them"

mnn2vp3l.jpg

You can move the beam to the right, or up and down. The bad part is, moving it down is going to limit your forward light.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH5xHaqyKLY

This should show how much goes into making a reflector bowl for hid work properly. Fractions of millimeters alter the light output drastically.

Halogen cutoff

P3zo01Xl.jpg

HID cutoff

6pz5Y5hl.jpg

See, if you compare these two pictures, the halogens have a bright output right in the center of the lens. Exactly what I was looking for out of these headlights. When fitted with an HID bulb, there's a blank spot right in the middle, with the majority of the light shooting off to the right side of the beam. When driving at night, it appeared to light up everything to my right, with everything directly in front of me not getting much light at all.

I did adjust the beams to the left today at work though. I'll drive it a bit tonight and see if it's any better.

Maybe I'll just try to find some hyperwhite H1 bulbs, and replace the HID's with the brighter halogens. Then I'll get a brighter than stock bulb, with the output I was looking for.

I looked at them this morning Omw to work. It's a lot better, but I think I'll still get a brighter H1 eventually.

Back