Q300 catback and rv6 catted combo or a UR downpipe and cat back.

The price of a spray gun and the Oven will cost you a few thousand dollars so 150 bucks is the cheapest. If you have a spray gun and some one with a special oven for baking parts it is cheaper to do it. Also the cleaning process you have to do will cost extra money.

You're paying for prep, the ovens, and the ceramic content. The content of ceramic isn't the same from a $10 can of vht or whatever to a professional coating. If you look at most reviews for diy ceramic paint, even with proper prep it tends to chip/flake off. Look around on other forums or youtube

others have said they paid like 2-300+ for their coating from places like jethot
https://jethot.typeform.com/to/JC3gVS?source=homepage

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdsAtU3VzAM

it's basically like epoxy floor coatings for garages. You can spend a couple hundred for box epoxy kits from a store like lowes, but the epoxy content is nothing compared to epoxy content in commercial applications. Countless people have had theirs flake and fail while following the instructions.

Well you saved me the bother of looking any more=not worth it. The stuff would just flake off:corndance: Its a SS downpipe, using the same material as full race maybe? It's not steel, so rusting isn't much of a problem:shadycorn:I post close up pics of the CNT downpipe and carefully look at the flanges. I am very interested in how good it is-welds.:joke: I was going to buy a rv6 but that was only 2.5 downpipe$455., the CNT $290, is a 3" downpipe 200 race catted with a v2 bellmouth-last one in stock, just like the FR. FR is a pricy $600, just don't think I would even notice the difference.. I will be adding some special parts gaskets+ bolts and a full exhaust also maybe a Q300. Not going on for 5 months. I figure my setup is 209HP estimate.

Last edited:
cnt downpipe coming Saturday from CA. Something werid-I have been seeing vendors refusing to sell downpipes to CA because of emission rules. These new warning's are disturbing. :eek: I see few spare parts in the used section. CAn someone take their car apart and sell it to me.

Last edited:
cnt downpipe coming Saturday from CA. Something werid-I have been seeing vendors refusing to sell downpipes to CA because of emission rules. These new warning's are disturbing. :eek: I see few spare parts in the used section. CAn someone take their car apart and sell it to me.

I saw that warning. The reasoning is that they don't sell CARB compliant items at CNT, so they probably don't want people to buy something that may not be legal in their state. This is to avoid what will wind up being a guaranteed return at their expense. My cat-back actually won't pass emissions here in Texas either without the silencer piece in. It says that on the little flyer that came with it. I looked again on CNT to see if they had any Tsudos left and it looks like they're out-- only SE has it now.

CNT parts for Honda's seem to be running out. I bought the last catted down pipe cnt had. Seemed to be the lowest price for one $290, amazon had a few for $400. I still have to get a exhaust and a rmm.

See 413 speed utube video of the CNT 3" downpipe posted today.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPFt4aG63E
. This guy is really good, he reviews the downpipe. shows its well made as I was sure of as I have the CNT downpipe $290 200 catted down pipe coming Saturday- the last one at cnt who doesn't sell to it California LOL. AS usual I know everything. I believe ebay still has these downpipe and amazon for $400. Wolfee has :owneddance::owned::ownedrun::turbopokesmiley::turbobananapoke::vtec:

don't know why but video didn't work-utube it 413 speed. Maybe someone can fix it. I am not going to bother:flame: www.cntracing.com notice sold out. I have the last one from them:owned:

that's the cnt video on utube posted today-what a find. One thing I noticed was the size of the bellmouth is 4.5 inches, I would say Full race matches that ? Most likely the same. The inside of the bellmouth was even polished. I see no real difference at all between FR and cnt in fact they might even be the same pipe just $160 price difference $290 cnt, FR at $550-$600 with shipping. In the utube video , I think he hooked it up to the stock exhaust-car is the 2012 which has smaller cat backs then the 2014-2015???? :hmmm?: I am studying catbacks now, so far the FR and Q300 some filament problems and UR-too expensive-but my favorite. I am concerned about noise. UR 3" with duel mufflers and Q300 2.75" less noisy than FR 3"-uses one resonator and muffler.:joke:

The CNT downpipe is not going to be close to the Full-Race downpipe one thing is the quality of the catalytic converter and how well the product matches up. from the Subaru forum people have said the quality is just ok for being cheap that the alignment of the product don't match eventually they will change the exhaust as soon as they save up for a better quality exhaust. Other said the cat melts easily. It is basically a race only exhaust that is meant to be changed out after each race. Since you are NA you might be ok.

well that video showed it worked and it not really a low quality pipe, the cat is a 200 metal just like the FR. I am not really saying its better except on price. Any racing 200 cat is just to show you have a cat. The 200 racing metal cat is meant to flow almost like its not there. I am sure you could just blow it out the exhaust pipe after a while:rotfl:HP wise cnt and FR would be the same.:unamusedpopcorn: Oh CNT comes with a one year war. AS far as I can tell the only cat back exhaust that isn't noisy is the Q300 $519 and maybe the UR with twin mufflers$800. cost FR$637. As far as noisy FR then UR then O300.:pianodance::snow:

The 200 cell cat has nothing to do about the quality of the cat and they do make a 100 cell cat that flows better. Go to the Subaru and Mazda Mazda forum's and a lot of people say there custom service is a nightmare. It is only a pipe if it fails you can always just get a better quality cat later.

that's true, I don't know how long I would use any downpipe. your right they due make a 100 cat, but I haven't seen one on a bolt on part. It's only a pipe not a magic part. I have a 3" catted downpipe of lessor quality on my srt-4 that's lasted 6yrs, but it has heavy duty engine mounts and tranny mount too and a catback made by thermal exhaust's which is excellent-that car has a turbo and runs extremely hot. I am not going to use any custom service by CNT. The utube video proved cnt worked and it has a 4.5 inch bellmouth- thats excellent. I would like to see someone measure the bellmouth on the FR and UR-.The bigger mouth lets out a lot exhaust gases. Oh a catless downpipe would be even better than a 200 catted pipe. I have one in my closet, srt-4 but it was stinky and noisy, smoke came out too-it actually was very cool. Bottom line $290 for a working catted SS downpipe is excellent. I don't care about polish on a down pipe. I do on the catback however. Oh I don't care how well the cat works or if it even works-its just to maybe pass inspection.:bananasplit:

Last edited:
:lildevil:I am saving my two cats and exhaust, but I think it would pass after a few try's. Don't forget I have a srt-4-a very hard car to pass inspection. Inspection is not a emissions test. gee even my honda paint falls off-the bonnet was repainted due to CA EPA- I am voting for triumph-rolling back this junk.:dogdance: Dem impeaching the silly red monkey is funny. :giggle:

what do you think a larger mouth is going to do? The opening of the downpipe is sized to the opening of the exhaust port on the head

head.png

perhaps the inside is larger-the pipe has a big curve in it. I noticed they seemed to have polished the inside mouth some. A smaller mouth is smaller on the inside. the 2.5 downpipe has been shown to not flow as well as a 3"pipe. the difference is up to 5HP.:coffee: More material in the mouth would slow up the air flow.:eekdancesmiley: The more noise coming from the exhaust means the air is flowing faster sometimes if not restricted. Deeper sounds means less air flow. The only way to really tell is how much HP being made.:1:

Last edited:
:lildevil:I am saving my two cats and exhaust, but I think it would pass after a few try's. Don't forget I have a srt-4-a very hard car to pass inspection. Inspection is not a emissions test. gee even my honda paint falls off-the bonnet was repainted due to CA EPA- I am voting for triumph-rolling back this junk.:dogdance: Dem impeaching the silly red monkey is funny. :giggle:

Wasn't there a recall for messed up paint on some 9th gens? ...I thought that was just Honda of America doing that, not California's Environmental Board.

Back