R18A1 Part List

are we sure the cat-back exhaust is a bolt on? Especially given that there is no concession for an exhaust tip on the 9ths...

are we sure the cat-back exhaust is a bolt on? Especially given that there is no concession for an exhaust tip on the 9ths...
Exhaust does not bolt up, disregard the ones that were posted.

Webby if you can edit and delete all the exhausts

keep us updated!
Okay, so Ive had it for a few days now, I've just had more calculus homework than time! haha
Tomorrow's looking like the best bet though Ill keep you guys posted! Trust me, I'm always on here when I feel like getting sidetracked!

Alright, so I finally found some time to install the Short Ram, and it works!! :D

The installation was pretty straightforward, but the air box from the 8th gen is a lot different from the 9th gen.
The MAF sensor is the worst part, because it faces the wrong direction and it was a pain in the butt to try and figure out how to make it reach. Ill probably make another thread or something that goes into more detail on things that dont follow normal installation instructions or whatever.

This was the first modification Ive ever done on an engine and it only took like an hour, so with basic knowledge of what youre doing, itll be pretty easy!! pics to follow:

Alright, heres the factory air box. the MAF is located on the back left corner2012-09-02_16-43-32_952.jpg2012-09-02_16-43-27_438.jpg

And heres the intake!! It sounds a lot louder and i can feel a little more pull to it for sure. So if anyone wasn't really sure about 8th gen intakes, at least Injen you can make work!
2012-09-14_18-18-26_212.jpg
2012-09-14_18-18-36_298.jpg
On this picture you can see how the MAF had to reach around to the other side. The clamp that attached the factory vacuum tube wasnt big enough for the side that hooked up to the intake, so I have to get one of those before to long, and that'll take like 5 seconds to do. I also plan on taking out that black tube that the air box was attached to, now its just sitting there attatched to two bolts. it was starting to get too dark last night, so Ill take care if that later

Attachments

• 2012-09-14_18-18-20_323.jpg
    2012-09-14_18-18-20_323.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
And heres the intake!! It sounds a lot louder and i can feel a little more pull to it for sure. So if anyone wasn't really sure about 8th gen intakes, at least Injen you can make work!
View attachment 4407
View attachment 4408
On this picture you can see how the MAF had to reach around to the other side. The clamp that attached the factory vacuum tube wasnt big enough for the side that hooked up to the intake, so I have to get one of those before to long, and that'll take like 5 seconds to do. I also plan on taking out that black tube that the air box was attached to, now its just sitting there attatched to two bolts. it was starting to get too dark last night, so Ill take care if that later
Can you post a video? I would love to hear the sound difference.

So has anyone found out if there are any compatible exhaust systems for the ex sedan? And might sound stupid but are there bolt on exhausts? And how does that work? you have to chop the original exhaust? :confused:

someone did a test fit from an 8th gen si axle back and it worked. The exhaust has to hang a bit because there is no cutout in the bumper (non-si models).

I have been looking for this Ingen SRI online and I cant find anything that seems to match what you have. I understand its an 8th gen Ingen SRI but would you have a part number or more specifics on it? Im currently looking around for one. Where did you get yours? Thanks.

Back