Radar/Laser Detector Shopping Guide...?

how far away will it pick up a reading compared to how far a radar will work?
Depends on the model and brand. Not every situation is the same. you can have so many variables. Hills, equipment and so forth. I get warnings in plenty of time to slow down and then some. The one thing that has given problems is LIDAR.

An example is the REDLINE...It will alert you every time...It picks up everything..However INSTANT ON I/O (K and Ka Band) sometimes it is too late but MOST of the time especially on a highway you will be alerted as they are hitting other vehicles before they even see you...if you are alone on a road it is a different story...Also laser, unless you are lucky enough to get scatter from up ahead, when it goes off it is too late, they already have your speed...They are not a ticket to speed...They allow you to drive smarter and 90% of the time will save you...On the highway I have gotten 8km heads up...Sometimes it is 500 meters...Sometimes in between...But for me it has always been enough...I had the Bel STI Magnum before my Redline RDR BS/R...And with the Redline and band segmentation you have to be sure what is used in your area...I have mine 2/5/8 as I know 1-3-4-6-7-9-10 are not used in my area as in most areas...If you are looking for laser protection, you need to look at the Laser Jammers "PARKING SENSORS"...I am running the ALP Triple

Last edited:
Back